35 - Tutor

Flashback

"Is this a bus station, Matsuo?" I asked him while we were walking towards some seats and a sign.

Due to a sudden event, the white room had to shut down for a year, and right now, I was on my way to the bus station to attend a regular high school.

"It is, Kiyotaka-sama. People usually wait here on the seats until the right bus arrives," explained Matsuo with his usual warm smile.

"I see. I assume no one's here since this is a rather odd bus station location?"

"That's right," Matsuo responded as the two of us waited approximately ten meters from the bus station for my bus to arrive.

"Matsuo, are you sure about this?" I asked him while staring right into his eyes, breaking the silence.

The repercussions he would suffer would be harsh, his death couldn't be ruled out with 'that man'.

"I am one hundred percent sure. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I want you to take it," he replied, returning my gaze.

His warm aura had not altered, albeit my piercing gaze on him.

"I see. Then I won't bother you any longer," I replied, intending to make my way to the bus station alone.

"Wait, before you go, Kiyotaka-sama, I have one last request."

A request from me? I turned around to face him again.

"Request?"

"Yes, it's something I can only ask of you," he explained to me.

What could he possibly demand of me? He is fully conscious that once I enter this high school, I will no longer be able to see him.

"What is it?"

There was a respite of silence during which I awaited his request. After he exhaled, he resumed the conversation.

"One day, please become happy."

"Happy?"

"Yes, this is something only you can do."

I didn't respond. There was just a light breeze that hit my face so that my bangs flew back.

"You were happy when she was still with you, right?"

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, nonchalant.

"The girl that was with you but disappeared one day."

I indeed had told him about an existence in the white room with whom I was friends.

"I don't know. One thing I can say is that Oliana's presence didn't disturb me."

"I see," he replied while nodding his head.

That instant, a bus arrived at the bus station, causing my eyes to avert to the bus.

"Yes, that's the one," he replied, without my having to inquire if that was the bus I had to take.

"Matsuo, thank you," I said, looking back at him one more time; he was waving me goodbye.

Once turning my back on him, I entered the bus and took an available seat.

Become happy, huh?

Flashback ends

Siesta POV

Despite Kiyotaka being my partner, he is still somewhat distant from me. In fact, we haven't spoken or texted each other since I left him alone on the rooftop yesterday.