37 - Results

Flashback

After sealing the bet with Ayanokoji-kun after the firework festival, the two of us separated ways.

I wonder why he proposed such a bet, was he this confident in his skills? If so, it does not make any sense to me. He does not gain anything from this bet besides me having to call him by his first name.

RING

Hearing the buzz of my phone, I glanced at the display: an anonymous message.

First, the blue yukata in my mailbox that was anonymously gifted to me, now this anonymous message; could it be correlated?

I was reluctant to open the message at first but ultimately did so.

[I've heard what your plan was for the exam.]

Who could that be? More importantly, why does the individual know about my plan? All the while I was mulling over these questions, I merely stared at the screen, not moving a muscle.

[Who are you?]

[Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me.]

[That does not answer my question.]

[I'm the one replacing the current chairman, and I want your cooperation.]

Wait, what? The chairman is getting replaced? How did he obtain this information and foremost, my number?

Numerous questions flowed through my mind and remained unanswered.

Flashback ends

Ayanokoji POV

Today was the long-awaited day, the exam day. In the last week, the quintuplets spent most of the time studying with either me or Uesugi. Although it has only been such a short amount of time, they have improved massively.

On my arrival in front of the classroom, I noticed the five chatting among themselves.

"How do you guys feel?" I asked, approaching them from behind.

"Good morning, Ayanokoji-kun!" All of them replied more or less in synchronization with each other.

Despite the air around them appearing to be ordinary, I could distinctly sense their uneasiness. Given the significance of this exam, that was comprehensible.

"If we're talking about the first-year material, I think we're confident," said Itsuki, being surprisingly the calmest along with Miku.

The others nodded their head in agreement, which was a good sign.

"I think I'll do good in history."

From what I've seen, I expect Ichika to score higher than Miku overall, but Miku to receive the highest score in a singular subject.

"I heard there were leaks of the exam, though?" asked Nino, which shocked the other four.

"There was such a thing?" repeated Ichika, stunned.

"Not exactly."

"What was it then?"

"They were exam sheets from the upperclassmen. Some questions on them are guaranteed to be on our exam."

What I told them was half the truth. Judging by their expressions, they seem to be understanding and believe the words I have just communicated to them.