12 - Nino faces the past

Ichika POV

Have I failed as a big sister?

In the past few days this specific question has been hunting me nonstop and I wasn't able to come up with a satisfying response to it.

Ever since we've been born, I tried everything in my capabilities to take care of my little sisters. Due to me being the oldest, I always felt that this is my responsibility and duty.

These thoughts also hunted me when I was younger; 'Take care of them you're the oldest', 'Don't be childish, grow up and mature.'

The argument between Nino and Itsuki left a bad taste in my mouth. It felt like I failed as a big sister.

As soon as we arrived at this school and were informed that this school is different than any other school, I tried to make sure that my sisters aren't in danger of any sorts. I attempted to take premeasures but it still felt like I've failed.

Were my efforts in vain?

I always try to act like the idol in front of my sister in spite of wanting to act differently, not that I'm wearing a mask but rather that I'd like to act a little more childish and follow my dreams.

Since I was busy keeping my sisters safe and take care of them, I wasn't able to fulfill my dream yet.

But that wasn't important in any way right now.

After realizing that I was lost in my thoughts, I scanned my surroundings and then realized that I was in my dorm room. The sun outside was about to go down and the sunset outside was beautiful.

When my sisters and I were younger, we all loved to watch the sunset until the sun wasn't visible to us anymore. This was the case especially after our mother has died; it not only calmed us down, we also felt more connected to each other. It felt like our bond grew stronger while watching the orange sun go down the horizon.

But today I didn't pay any attention to the sunset; I sat down with my back facing towards the window so that I wasn't able to see the sun, crossed my legs and rested my head on my right hand.

While I did rest my head on my right hand, I felt my facial expression being different than usual. I was neither smiling nor giving a flirty smirk; I was wearing a sad expression.

 I was neither smiling nor giving a flirty smirk; I was wearing a sad expression

Though I don't want to admit it, I must admit that I'm tired of this.

Not from being the oldest sister but from this constant pressure.

Ayanokoji POV

The sun was about to set and even though the sun was shining beautifully as of now, there were dark rain clouds in the sky indicating that it'll definitely rain later.

Searching for Nino isn't the main issue here but rather dealing with her. While it is the main issue, I don't think this will be too difficult.

I'm already aware of what is hindering her from growing.