25 - I want you

"Are you feeling okay, Miku?" On the way to the nearest grocery store, I phoned Miku to ascertain her well-being.

"Yes, I'm doing fine, but what about Nino?" Miku asked with a voice full of concern.

"She's fine, but could you send Yotsuba to fetch me her school bag? She doesn't have her key card with her."

"Why Yotsuba?" Albeit being unable to actually see her face, I was nevertheless able to hear her pouting through the phone.

I had two primary reasons for needing Yotsuba to deliver me Nino's school bag over any of the other four, though I couldn't tell Miku what those reasons were.

"I reached out to you to check on how you were feeling. I would like you to get some proper rest, therefore I would like Yotsuba to get Nino's school bag for me." I explained to her nonchalantly.

Momentary silence descended, making me think she had already hung up the phone, however, just in the nick of time, she, at last, answered me.

"Alright, in that case, I will have her bring you Nino's school bag." The sound of her voice was a little stuttery, nonetheless, I had accomplished what I had been aiming for, and that was sufficient for me.

" Once again, thank you very much, and if there is anything you need, then feel free to let me know."

"R-right." Upon her little stutter, I immediately ended the phone call, and after waiting with patience for the next couple of minutes, the awaited orange-haired figure emerged, admittedly her otherwise serene demeanor was somewhat dampened.

Nevertheless, she walked up to me and waved at me while smiling softly from afar.

"Hey, Ayanokoji-kun!" Yotsuba exclaimed with a school bag in her left hand.

"Yotsuba, it appears that you are doing good," I remarked upon seeing her.

Her demeanor diverged to some extent from her habitual demeanor, but that's not all that surprising taking into consideration all that happened today.

First and foremost, I had not anticipated her to grow to this extent, she, alongside Miku, has transcended my initial expectations.

Whereas I expected her to merely spectate as the scenario unfolded itself, she took action on her own to shield Miku, so there must have been something that clicked inside her, prompting her to take action.

However, there was still one big, lingering problem with Yotsuba that I intend to solve.

"Yup, I'm doing fine! But what about you, Ayanokoji-kun? You fought-" There it was, the problem that I'm planning to solve was her not being able to keep a secret.

Before she was able to finish her sentence, I put my hand over her mouth which seemingly caught her off guard. She mumbled something while I had my hand on my mouth, though I couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

"We are still in public, so we rather not talk about this here," I warned her and after a moment, it seems realization had hit her and thus she fell silent.

With that being the case, I removed my hand from her mouth, only for her then to slightly bow her head to me.

"I'm sorry, Ayanokoji-kun."

"There is no need for you to apologize to me. But do you have Nino's schoolbag with you?" From one second to another, as if a switch had been flipped within her, her mood completely altered.

"Haha! Yes, I did, would you look at that." She held the schoolbag basically into my face.

"Good and there's also something I need to talk to you about."