51 - Valentine's Day Final Part: Perfection

𝕦𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕦𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕤

14th February, 5:50 PM

Leaning my hands on the bleak metal fence, the wind briskly picked up, blowing through my hair and tugging at my uniform. Alongside me stood Siesta, her chalk-white hair flowing in the breeze, a faint smile playing around her lips.

"I'm all ears."

"First, thank you for the flowers," she said, her voice soft and melodious as she leaned in to take a deep whiff of the blue brunneras flowers I had brought her.

The petals swayed in the wind, their delicate fragrance mingling with the crisp air.

    "No need," I dismissed, my nosiness piquing as I waited for her to start talking

What did she want to tell me? Siesta was always full of surprises.

If I were to suspect, she'll most likely share something personal with me.

"Do you know why I enrolled in this school after all?" Siesta asked with her gaze on the scenery, breaking my reverie.

"Initially, she didn't have any desire to attend this school. However, it seems that she has changed her mind about it."

Those were the chairman's words about Siesta's lack of interest in this school, yet after six months, for some reason, it somehow seems to have perked up.

"I don't know. You tell me."

Her smile dissipated as she let out a heavy sigh, her eyes locked on mine once again. The atmosphere had become tense, the air thick with unspoken words.

In a brief silence, I was taken aback by her sudden shift in demeanor, her usually playful attitude replaced by a somber one.

"The reason I enrolled here is because of your father."

In the following moments, I stared at her, the setting sun illuminating our faces as we stood in silence, the weight of her words hanging heavily in the air.

Was this her whole motive from the beginning? If so, it would make sense that she was obsessed with me.

"That means you want me—"

"Expelled? No," she deadpanned, causing me to tilt my head in suspicion as she continued, "If I had really intended to expel you, I would have acted at once, for your father's patience is short."

What strengthens her argument is the fact that she offered to be partners. So far, she had only helped me, and there was no scheming against me. Though, this is only until now.

"How can I trust your words then?"

If she intended to tell me, she must have known that this would only arouse my distrust of her and cause my reliance to dwindle unless she provided evidence or explanations.