Forgive Me

Author's Note: This fanfic was inspired by someone who was commenting on how Cody reacted after the Deception arc. So, I decided to write something where Obi-Wan asks his forgiveness, in addition to forgiveness from some of the others he'd wronged and this story was born! I hope you enjoy it!!! :D

~ Amina Gila

After faking his death, Obi-Wan Kenobi soon realizes that he has much penance to do. He hurt many of his close friends, none of whom are quick to forgive him. Or, the 5 times Obi-Wan asks forgiveness, and the 1 time he actually gets it.

Two days. It's been two days since Obi-Wan returned to Coruscant after resolving the plot against the Chancellor. Anakin's been avoiding him almost the entire time. When he sees him, he doesn't speak unless he must. Obi-Wan thinks he deserves it, but it still hurts to see how openly and rapidly everything changed. He's known for a while that their relationship has been deteriorating, but this was much too quickly.

He should – he should try to talk to Anakin, explain everything, and apologize. If he wants to fix things – he does – then an apology is definitely in order. First, Obi-Wan has to find his former Padawan. If he's not in his and Ahsoka's apartment, then he might be sparring. And on that note, it's not just Anakin he needs to apologize too. He needs to talk to Ahsoka. After he'd undergone the retransformation, she'd spoken to him briefly, though her voice was cool and detached. It didn't take an expert to know that she's upset.

He needs to find and speak to both of them. Even after making the resolution, Obi-Wan ends up putting it off for several hours. He tries to reason that he's busy, but he can't deny feeling inexplicably nervous. But he's never been known for putting things off. That would be the easy way, and Obi-Wan doesn't take the easy way out. To do so now, especially, would be a great disservice to both Anakin and Ahsoka.

He goes to their apartment first – it's only a short distance from his own – but they're not there, so he heads to the training rooms. He shouldn't have accepted the mission, and he certainly should not have agreed to keep the truth from Anakin, even if it was the best way. Yes, it would have been very risky otherwise, but Obi-Wan knows how it looks; it looks like he didn't trust his former Padawan. That's not the message he'd meant to send. It's so far from the truth. He does trust Anakin, with his life, if necessary. Anakin's like his brother, his son. He loves him, much as he is unwilling to admit it.

Obi-Wan shakes himself out of his thoughts as he steps into the training room. Knights are sparring with their Padawans or each other. Across the room, he spies the familiar forms of Anakin and Ahsoka, blue and green lightsabers clashing as they fight. He moves to the side, standing there and watching them. It's almost soothing to watch; they move completely in sync, almost as through engaging in a fierce dance with one another.

It ends only minutes after he arrives when Anakin manages to disarm Ahsoka. He extends a hand to pull her to her feet. "That's enough for today, Snips, wouldn't you say?" his voice is teasing, though Obi-Wan senses an underlying hint of something else, something he can't quite name.

Ahsoka snorts, clipping her lightsabers back in place. "Master, 'enough' was an hour ago." She shakes her head peering up at him. Obi-Wan can't see her face, but he can feel her concern echoing softly into the Force. "You can't continue like this, Skyguy." The firmness in her voice is underlined by a sense of uncertainty.

Anakin laughs mirthlessly. "Just drop it," he orders. "There's nothing to discuss." He turns sharply, freezing in place when he sees Obi-Wan, a myriad of emotions flickering through his blue eyes. Just as suddenly, they harden into a frigid mask. Pointedly looking away, he stalks towards the exit.