When the Galaxy Falls

Author's Note: No comment except that my younger sister wrote this, and um... I hope y'all enjoy! :D

~ Amina Gila

The mission to rescue the Chancellor from the Invisible Hand is thrown into chaos when Obi-Wan suddenly and unexpectedly murders him. Anakin is stunned by the turn of events and the claim that Palpatine was really Darth Sidious. He doesn't understand how his former master could have committed cold-blooded murder, so what is the truth?

It started out as another every day in the life of Anakin Skywalker: complete chaos. Only, not the type of chaos he's normally accustomed to. The type he never seems to be ready for. Ignoring the aches spreading throughout his body, he twists around and pushes himself off the ground, turning back to the battle.

Count Dooku throws Obi-Wan out of sight, and Anakin hears the resounding crash. He must've been dropped from a height based on the sound, and an icy cold rage rushes through him. The Count hurt his master. He could have killed him

In that moment, the Force surges. He doesn't understand it or take the time to contemplate it. Anakin shoves himself to his feet and jumps at Dooku, kicking him over the railing while the Count is momentarily off-guard. Anakin leaps after, swinging his lightsaber at him. He's fueled by anger, and it strengthens the force of his blows as he wildly hammers at the elder's defenses.

If he wasn't so focused, maybe he would have noticed Obi-Wan rising from the other side of the room. He doesn't – not until the familiar snap-hiss of an igniting lightsaber rings out. Dooku's and Anakin's blades crash together in a saberlock, and Anakin glances across the room towards the Chancellor as something ripples through the Force. No, it's more like...

Obi-Wan stands over the Chancellor's now-dead body, looking and feeling decidedly smug.

"What?!" Anakin shrieks, Force-shoving Dooku back. The Count seems momentarily stunned himself as he takes in the scene.

"I believe you neglected to tell me the Sith in the Senate was the Chancellor," Obi-Wan remarks mildly, turning around to look at them. At Dooku, assumedly, or he truly has lost his mind. Provided he didn't already, Anakin thinks half-hysterically.

"What?!" Anakin repeats again, looking back to the Sith. He's dreaming. He must be, because there's no way Obi-Wan would randomly lose his mind and murder the Chancellor for literally no reason.

"That would be correct," Dooku confirms grudgingly. "How did you come to this knowledge?"

"It was surprisingly simple to guess," he replies lightly. "Now, I believe we had a battle to fight?"

"Why – what, why did you?" Anakin demands. He's rambling, really, but can't grasp what just happened. Did Obi-Wan really...?

"I'll explain everything later," he assures. "Now, we need to get off the ship. Let's get this over with."

Nothing makes sense, and Anakin still isn't convinced Obi-Wan is even remotely in his right mind. Quite the opposite, actually. Even so, he lunges at Dooku again. He needs to get himself and Obi-Wan off the ship as fast as possible now.

Anakin throws his all into the fight, losing himself in the Force. He tunes everything else out, until he feels nothing except his opponent and Obi-Wan. A strange emptiness lingers in the back of his mind, but with how detached he feels, how deeply lost in the Force, he doesn't think about it.

Obi-Wan is fighting... strangely sloppily. It's the same, but unfamiliar. It's as though he hasn't fought in a long time and has forgotten how.

It makes it harder, more difficult for Anakin to find a gap in the Sith's defenses.

Star Wars One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें