Multiples: Obi-Wan in ROTS

Author's Note: Yes, you are finally getting the Obi-Wan version of this, for those of you who read the Anakin and Ahsoka versions already :D

~ Tirana Sorki

PS. We are planning a continuation. :)

This was written for the Obikin 2023 bingo. ^-^

Also, this is a gift for egeria for the 2023 May 4th Disaster Lineage Appreciation Exchange! :D

~ Amina Gila

Anakin and Obi-Wan have just landed aboard the Invisible Hand to rescue Chancellor Palpatine when suddenly, four other versions of Obi-Wan appear with them. One Obi-Wan is hard enough sometimes, but five? That is a whole other story. It doesn't help that they're not terribly fond of each other... or that the eldest are hiding things about the future.

"Have you noticed the shields are still up?" Obi-Wan calls irritably, over the comm.

Anakin hastily fires at the controls from his fighter. Of course, he noticed, but there's something... Something's humming at the edge of his senses, something strange shifting in the Force that he can't make sense of. In the middle of a space battle to reclaim Coruscant he can't let himself get distracted by it, but it's growing with each passing moment.

The laser bolt tears through the shield, and they fly through barely in time before the blast doors slam closed over the hangar.

Anakin scrambles from his fighter – and Obi-Wan very dramatically leaps out of his – and they swiftly cut through the droids together. They're barely finishing when the Force surges, like a shockwave's running through it.

One moment, they're in the hangar alone together, and the next – four figures are materializing out of nothing, sprawling in most undignified manners in the middle of the floor.

"What in the blazes is going on?" Obi-Wan asks, first to find his voice, as they stare at the four figures.

All of whom are simultaneously pushing themselves up, and they all look – Why do they all look so much like Obi-Wan?!

The youngest has a padawan braid, but he looks very much like Obi-Wan did when Anakin first met him. The second one looks like Obi-Wan... at the beginning of the war, when he still had that stupidly long hair. The third looks distinctly older than Anakin's Obi-Wan, and the last one... looks like Obi-Wan with white hair.

What –

What's happening?!

"Who are you?" the padawan demands, looking between the others, eyes widening as he presumably realizes just who they all are.

"Anakin?" the second youngest asks uncertainly, and Force, he sounds exactly like Anakin's Obi-Wan.

And why are the oldest two staring at him now, like they're seeing a ghost? For that matter, why do their Force presences feel so strange? The second eldest's is strangely wild, though in some ways, it's... it feels like he's half-way blocked off from the Force. And the eldest's is sharp and cutting and icy in a way Anakin's never felt in Obi-Wan before, even when he's angry. He feels hard.

"... Obi-Wan?" Anakin echoes, warily. How is this even possible? How did they get here? Because it very much looks like four versions of Obi-Wan from various points in time just randomly dropped from... nowhere.

"Yes?" they all ask, at once.

Okay, they definitely have a problem.

"How did you get here?" Anakin's Obi-Wan asks.