Multiples: Luke in TESB

Author's Note: This is a gift for Kefalion on ao3 for the May 4th SW Disaster Lineage Appreciation Gift Exchange. ^-^

Sorry for taking so long to get this done! The person who was originally going to do it didn't finish, so we filled in so you wouldn't have to keep waiting. :)

For months now, Vader has waited for the day when he can tell Luke that he's his father. If Luke will join him, they can make the galaxy a better place. That day has finally arrived, except moments before Vader can reveal the truth, the Force suddenly, and unexpectedly, drops four other versions of Luke in front of him as well.

This is the moment Vader has been waiting for, from the moment he first heard that Luke was his son. He searched for him ceaselessly, and finally, the boy is here. His son.

Although, this was not how he expected their eventual meeting to go. He didn't mean to hurt him, definitely not like this, the same way Obi-Wan did him. Luke's lightsaber had hit his shoulder, and he... lashed out.

He doesn't know what to say to him about it, not now, so he can only keep talking, ready to tell Luke what they are to each other when the Force suddenly surges.

It feels like something's being ripped through time and space, and then, four people fall from nowhere onto the very narrow walkway right behind him.

Vader turns sharply, freezing at the sight.

Every single one feels strongly of Luke, even if their presences are changed and shifted from the boy behind him. The core of it is still the same.

The youngest looks about ten, and he looks around with wide-eyed fear.

The older one looks close to his Luke in age, though maybe about nineteen and wearing typical, Tatooinian clothes. "Where – where am I?" he splutters.

The next one looks significantly older, maybe close to thirty, and his eyes widen as he stares at Vader. "... Father?"

He knows?

The oldest is far older, maybe even older than Vader, and he's staring at him like he's seeing a ghost. He also feels far darker and strangely lost.

Vader has absolutely no idea how they're here, but every single one feels of Luke, though from different periods in time.

"Son," Vader says, with every bit of the burning passion he feels for him, as he meets the second eldest's gaze.

He's radiating relief and grief at once. They must have known each other, then. Did Luke... accept his offer? But what happened? Why the grief, the moment he noticed Vader?

"Why do you look just like me?" protests the second youngest Luke, looking desperately between the others.

"I believe..." the oldest one says, slowly, "That we are all each other."

"What?" yelps the youngest.

"And I am in the past," he adds, turning to look at Vader again, "On... Bespin."

"What do you mean 'father'?" Luke from this time demands. He's holding onto the contraption at the end of the walkway, and it's hardly safe for him there, especially one-handed, but he'd likely not be very receptive to Vader's help at the moment. Understandably.

"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father," he replies.

Luke glares at him. "He told me enough. It was you who killed him."

Of course, Obi-Wan would've told him that. He'd never say the truth – not that it wasn't Vader himself who told Obi-Wan something similar. "No, I am your father."