The End of Everything

Author's Note: Hopefully this doesn't traumatize anyone too badly, but I got the idea and couldn't get it out of my head. XD 

~ Tirana Sorki

PS. This is for the 501st Bingo square of "arranged marriage". No regrets. :)

~ Amina Gila

To settle the dispute between the Empire and the Rebellion, both sides finally decide that an arranged marriage should be a way of brokering peace. Except, neither side knows who the other person involved in the marriage will be. Neither Fulcrum nor Darth Vader are very impressed that they've been chosen for this... marriage. At all. NOT VADERSOKA!

"I do not want to do this," Ahsoka says fiercely. She's been saying that repeatedly, though. Rex hasn't been doing anything other than standing there awkwardly, trying to offer useless platitudes. Not that there's anything else he could do, anyhow. It's not anything anyone can do anything about, except the Emperor himself, and she's not about to put a call through to Darth Sidious himself to yell at him for agreeing to a peace treaty.

That would be the dumbest, and most selfish, thing to do. She's tempted, though.

"I do not want this," she repeats for the fifteenth time, resisting the urge to stamp her foot.

"I know," Rex says – somehow continuing to play the role of her faithful best friend even though most people would've walked out on her sulking hours ago. "But the war will be over now."

Ahsoka suppresses the urge to throw a lightsaber across the room. It's not her lightsaber's fault. Or the wall's. She glares instead. "That doesn't mean I want to marry an Imperial. Jedi don't marry. What if they find out what I am?"

"If it's any consolation," Echo volunteers, breezing into the room, way too cheerfully, in Ahsoka's opinion, "The boys and I offer to hang around for a pickup."

She growls, rubbing her face. "Not really. That won't help if I stab him in his sleep." And that would look really good on the Rebellion, wouldn't it?

"I think he's a cyborg," Echo adds, and Ahsoka suddenly gets the distinct impression that he's hiding something of importance that she ought to know about, but considering the circumstances, she Does Not Want to ask.

"I don't think that helps a whole lot," Rex replies.

Ahsoka shudders. No, Imperial doesn't strictly mean evil, but Sidious would've chosen someone he trusts, so more than likely it's... yeah. Someone that just needs to be offed. And the only person Ahsoka has ever felt like that towards is Lux and that was six years ago. She was sixteen. She's twenty-three now.

"I'll stick around, too," Rex interjects.

"Thanks," Ahsoka mutters, though it feels entirely pointless either way.

At least Rex will be there. But who is she kidding? This is more likely to get him killed than anything else. Not that it'll stop him – it never did back during the Clone Wars when she still had Anakin with them. It never stopped him from nearly dying to be with her, to protect her, because he knew Anakin would never want her to be alone.

He stuck with her through the war, and he has since the Empire formed, too.

Even if, well. She's in a total mood, like right now.

What if they find out what she is?

And why does it feel like the Force is laughing at her? This isn't funny at all.