Ain't No Crying

Author's Note: Okay, first of all, this turned out way more angsty than I expected, but I'm really glad with how it turned out. There is a LOT of fluff and hugs as requested. I hope y'all like this fic! It's a plot bunny that has been bugging me for a while, begging to be written, and I'm really happy that I was finally able to do so. Lol. 

Also, this is a gift for askywalkergryff on ao3, and this is for the Disaster Trio May 4th Gift Exchange.

May the Fourth be with you all! :D

PS. This is one of four things I'm releasing in honor of May 4th. :)

~ Amina Gila

Ahsoka Tano returns to Coruscant from Oba Diah with the Martez sisters, except this time, her past comes back to haunt her in an entirely different manner. It's not Bo-Katan Kryze who comes for her help. No. Her past returns in the form of her former master, Anakin Skywalker, and he is not the man she remembers. Not anymore.

It's nice to return to Coruscant from the disaster that was the spice run. That is one story Ahsoka Tano has no intention of sharing with anyone. Ever. For the briefest moment, she imagines the look on Anakin's face if she told him that she was involved in a spice deal gone wrong, but really, at least they're all alive. It could have been worse. So much worse. She still has a lot to learn about the Underworld, about being completely on her own.

When she first left the Order, she took whatever few credits she had saved up and bought a ticket to Shili. After living on her home world for a while, she decided to return to Coruscant. Perhaps it was just a feeling, or perhaps it was because she missed living in a bustling city. Maybe she hasn't been at the Temple much after the Clone Wars broke out, but Coruscant is still her home. It's where she grew up most of her life. She's used to the city, to the traffic, to the people. Shili is nice, of course, but it's not – she can't consider it home.

(Her home is with Anakin. Her home is with Rex and the clones. Her home is by her master's side, wherever he is, on whatever battle field he's on, but that was taken from her. She has no home anymore.)

She pauses on the landing platform outside the workshop where Rafa and Trace Martez live and work, looking up towards the surface. Where is he? Is he out there somewhere? Or...

Ahsoka can't bring herself to finish the thought. She tries so hard not to think about how, not long after she'd arrived on Shili, she had felt it, on the other side of the galaxy, as their bond weakened and nearly broke. Nothing had scared her more, and she hadn't been able to eat or sleep for days, wracked by guilt and fear, clinging desperately to the weak thread that connects her and Anakin. The bond never strengthened, and it's so shielded that she doesn't even know if he's still there. She thinks that she would feel it if he died, but she doesn't know. She simply doesn't know.

She left him, walked away, and she has no way of knowing what happened. A month or so later, after their bond felt like it might shatter entirely, she heard rumors that Anakin had been killed. Some said that he had merely been injured grievously. Others said that he was captured and slated for execution by the Separatists after his cold-blooded assassination of Count Dooku. It's been nearly five months now, nearly half a year, and Ahsoka has heard nothing of him. Something must have happened though because there have been no more reports of his actions. It's as if he really is gone.

But why?

No one knows, not even her.

She hasn't actually talked to Rafa and Trace about living arrangements, but they invited her in, almost as if it's expected that she'll remain with them. Ahsoka has no problem with that. The two are nice, Trace, especially, and she could use a friend down here. They could use someone like her as well, she imagines.