Catnapped

Author's Note: Just as a warning, the ending is *not* a happily ever after, but it's open, so you can feel free to pretend things get resolved if you want. :') 

~ Tirana Sorki

To Superstary56: Welp, we're finally posting this! I really, really hope that you enjoy it! :D

~ Amina Gila

A powerful being comes to Coruscant in the form of cat-like creature, a legendary creation of the ancient Sith, a creation which was thought to be long-gone. Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka are sent to track it down, but it's power may well prove to be greater than anything the three of them can handle.

The Force is in turmoil. Anakin hasn't felt a disturbance this strong since Mortis, three months ago. Everything was in chaos there, and the slightest thing had caused a massive disturbance, probably because of how strong the Force was there. But this is different, because it isn't Mortis anymore, but the Force is still in chaos. Something about it feels cold, dark, sinister, and he doesn't like the feeling at all.

So, he isn't at all surprised when Obi-Wan asks him to come to a private meeting with Yoda in the Grandmaster's quarters. "Sensed the disturbance have you, Skywalker?" Yoda inquires, expression unusually grave.

"I have, Master," he confirms.

"We have been looking for the source," Obi-Wan declares, "But we haven't found anything out of the ordinary yet. The Separatists and Dooku are acting as they always have." But something has changed. It was only yesterday that Anakin first noticed it, so if there's a connection with Dooku, it probably wouldn't be apparent yet.

"A connection with the Sith, it may not have," Yoda murmurs.

Anakin has to agree. Whenever he thought about what Dooku or maybe his master could have done to create a disturbance like this, something about that felt wrong, even though he didn't know why. So maybe this isn't connected to the Sith at all.

"What else is could cause a disturbance like this, Master?" Obi-Wan objects.

"Many enemies, the Jedi have," the Grandmaster replies, "And perhaps not an enemy at all, the cause of this disturbance is, but still a threat it may be."

"What should we do, Master?" Anakin inquires. He knows it's a threat. He can feel it in the Force, but he doesn't know to who it's a threat. Still, he can't shake the sinking feeling that something very bad is about to happen. And in some ways, it feels even more personal than it often does on the battlefield. An involuntary shiver runs through him.

"Meditate on this together, we should," Yoda decides, "And see what the Force reveals."

The three immediately move into meditative positions, and Anakin lets himself slip into the currents of the Force, opening himself up to it, willing it to show him... whatever it will. There's so much chaos right now, though, that any hints of anything are proving frustratingly elusive.

For a fleeting moment, in image finally forms in front of his eyes. Of... he thinks it might have been a cat, but it's gone too fast to make anything of it.

Anakin slips back to himself, looking to the others.

"I didn't see anything," Obi-Wan declares.

"Clouded, the Force is," Yoda responds, "See anything did you, Skywalker?"

"I did, Master," Anakin frowns, "I saw... a cat? Nothing more than that."

"A cat?" Obi-Wan repeats, almost incredulously.