37.

A/N: just an fyi, i don't encourage going anywhere on your own when on a night out - especially when intoxicated. please stay safe!! <3

devon bostick as DEWY

joe keery as SAM

i had no fucking clue where i was going. and to be honest? i didn't care.

at this point, i wasn't even sure what state we were in.

i mean geographically by the way. the actual 'state' of the band and i, as you can probably tell, was a shit show.

it blew my mind how quickly things went south. i didn't register how hard it would be for nikki and his sobriety, i didn't know that the band would fall apart like this. my chest tightened at even the thought of mötley crüe splitting up. something would have to give eventually. even if it took nikki going to rehab, me and mick burying the hatchet and just in general getting our shit together, we'd have to make it work.

with all this racing through my mind, i told those thoughts to go to hell. i needed to let go and not give a shit.

who's to say i can't go off the rails for one night?

there was no brother around to look concerned, no mick to intervene when things go to shit, no tommy or vince also trying to be heroes, even when shitfaced. there was no one around.

the night was mine.

so, i walked. i left it all behind, in the parking lot to be precise. the thought had occurred to me that it was shitty of me to not go with nikki to the hospital, but i knew he had someone. doc. the closest thing to a real dad he'd ever had.

and like i said, i had no sense of direction. i'd been walking for around 20 minutes in one direction. in the distance, i heard the vibrational boom of loudspeakers, the coloured glare of neon lights and loud cheers from local drunks. i'd come to the right place.

upon arrival to a street of vibrant clubs, i was instantly greeted by a man who looked to be my age - completely drunk off his ass, dancing completely out of time and singing out of tune.

with shades on. at night. god, reminds me of the guys.

he clocked my presence then smiled. it was goofy, but wasn't creepy or intimidating. surprisingly, he seemed friendly.

"hey! i know you!" he spoke cheerfully, his eyes wide.

i frowned, but smiled all the same. "you do?"

"yes!! you're martha!"

i couldn't contain my laughter. he was so convinced.

"you're right. martha is me!" i laughed. because why the fuck not? at this point, i felt i had nothing to lose. hi, i'm martha.

he clapped his hands together excitedly. "you remember me, right? it's dewy from summer camp!"

i nodded enthusiastically, "how could i forget you, dewy?!"

dewy's eyes watered, "aww martha...hey lets go inside!"

i know that coming here alone was a pretty stupid decision. in hindsight, it was a fucking idiotic move. but as i looked up at the neon sign above the nightclub that read "PURE FUEL", i thought: fuck it.

the nightclub was heaving with people. the countless ones i'd been to with the guys were busy, but not like this. it was like an outdoor festival packed into a small venue.

however, it was pretty incredible to take in the scenes. the whole place seemed like a statement against the colder fall temperature we were burdened with outside. everyone was dressed in minimal clothing, as if it were summer under a blazing sun.

there wasn't a single person without neon body paint either splattered on them, neatly painted on them with intricate designs, or just full-on head to toe in the stuff.

exotic drinks were being passed around of all different colours, bold and vibrant. every damn person was energetic, beaming with a glow of excitement and ecstasy.

hopefully not actual ecstasy, but it is america, and it is the 80s. essentially, i wouldn't be surprised.

my eyes fell on a stage at the front of the room. the layout very much reminded me of the venue that i first met all of mötley crüe in (aside from nikki) - it was narrowish but lengthy.

my attention was then taken up by someone tapping on my shoulder and shouting "MARTHA?" above the music and noise.

i turned to face dewy, seemingly my buddy from summer camp. i nodded to show i could hear him.

"let's get some drinks from the bar!! i'll introduce you to sam..." before i could say anything, he headed for the bar and gestured with his hand for me to follow him.

when we reached the bar, dewy tapped someone with cool hair on the shoulder. "sam!!" the man called sam swivelled on a bar stool and smiled when he saw dewy's face.

"dewy! what's up, man!"

"this is martha! remember the girl from summer camp i was telling you about? the one that puked after the relay race!"

my face dropped slightly, but suddenly i felt amused at the ludicrous comment that i wasn't expecting.

"heyyy martha!!! i'm sam! are you here for a night of.." he cupped his hands around his mouth. "PURE FUEL!" he bellowed to the crowds, of which a surprisingly large amount of people responded by shouting "PURE FUEL!" and throwing their drinks into the air, alcohol literally drenched everyone.

kinda seemed like a waste, but lets not think about the details.

sam looked at me once satisfied with the crowds reaction.

"i sure am, sam! what's on the menu tonight?" i asked.

"i'm glad you asked my fine friend, i am glad you asked..." he looked towards one of the bartenders. "we'll have three of your finest hot devil spritz shots, please."

even the names were exotic, unique.

he threw the bartender the cash, then handed me my shot.

dewy gestured for us both to lean in. "are you guys ready, for the best night of your fucking life?" he asked lowly, deadly serious.

me and sam looked at each other, then back at dewy. we nodded in sync.

"leTS GOOOOOO!"

and with that, we all downed our fiery, throat-burning shots.

four of the same shots each later, safe to say my head was spinning.

boy, it felt good.