21.

mick covered his head and leant down slightly, attempting to avoid the gunshot. he did, thankfully and ran back inside the house. vince and tommy both poked their heads out of the door before screaming as they saw nikki aim the gun at them.

i knew my brother had a problem. i just didn't realise how severe it was.

his hands trembled as he lowered the gun again, the rest of mötley out of our site. maybe he'd calm down.

or, maybe not, i think to myself as i get dragged by the rockstar down the drive. i prayed internally that the band wouldn't call the police. i can't lose nikki. i know he's rich and famous or whatever, but i think even doc can't get him out of this situation.

i looked up at nikki, attempting to keep up with his speed walk, the gun by his side. we nearly reached the main road. his eyes were wide and his face was flushed with sweat dripping down every inch of skin. i could practically hear his heart pounding out of his chest and he shivered in the cold of the night.

attempting to stop, i tried to calm him down.

"nikki, nikki hey." i stopped, now facing him.

but he couldn't focus on me. he was like a terrified little child, and i suddenly remembered what it felt like to be in that hellhole of a house.

that need to escape.

the fear in his eyes...i may of been young but i still remember my brother attempting to seem brave, attempting to stand up to him.

it never worked.

until he left.

i imagined mick thinking of some heroic plan to save me. but i really didn't know how this was going to pan out any other way than me putting a stop to this.

"nikki, it's okay. it's okay."

"it's not lillian, we need to get the FUCK out of here..."

i placed both my hands on his shoulders firmly and looked him in the eyes, his pupils heavily dilated. "nikki fucking sixx. you're high. you just need to calm down, okay?"

he breathed heavily, his entire body trembling as he scratched his messy head before biting his fingernails.

i didn't even know what to do. drunk nikki, i'd dealt with. high nikki? nikki on heroine? completely different story.

it's like my brother was gone. i didn't recognise the shaky mess in front of me. he was like a stranger in this state.

he looked around at our surroundings with fear. i felt my feet sink slightly into the gravel drive, looking at nikki's pale face, the only source of light coming from the well lit path and pool lamps, the water movement reflecting onto his face.

in that moment i literally wanted to drown.

i felt so helpless. so useless. what could i do? how could i bring him back to sobriety? for good this time?

"maybe we should-"

i was interrupted by him placing the gun against his own temple suddenly. i stood back and gasped in horror. this was it. one swift pulling of a metal trigger could end my brother. the centre of everything.

desperate, i placed my hands out slightly in front of me. "nikki...please...stop." i said as tears now fell from my eyes, fear consuming me. with my heart in my throat, i finally saw a glimmer of reconsideration in nikki's eyes. almost as if he has a personality switch, shocked at his own actions. but before he could say anything, i felt the weight of the young adult fall into my arms, knocked unconscious by, you guessed it, superman. and his fucking guitar, which he's probably gonna have to replace, AGAIN.

"mick, you could've used literally anything in that house. why your guitar?" i asked before practically falling to my knees as the weight of nikki's limp body was too heavy for me.

tommy and vince came running over to save me from being crushed, both grabbing two limbs each as they stumbled back towards the villa.

"that was badass mick!!" tommy shouted. mick chuckled slightly.

i too laughed out of a mixture of fear, shock, and the fact that the boys casually carried nikki back to the house as if this was standard, regular procedure.

looking over at mick, i wasn't even surprised at this point. "this is unfair. how many times have i saved you in comparison to you saving me?"

he shrugged. "guess you're just not as heroic wonder woman." i playfully hit his arm and reached for the gun on the ground.

and then it's like...all of a sudden the events that had just occurred hit me like a truck, and i soon felt myself passing out, falling into my lover's arms.