27.

nikki clutched onto my hand as he felt myself tense up along with him as the people we hated most were approaching us. i think we both just didn't know what to do.

"do we run?" i whispered, not taking my eyes off the assholes.

"no. no more running. i'm sick and tired of this shit, besides i wanna meet her new bastard."

our mom walked towards us with her arms opened wide as she wrapped an arm around each of us, to which neither of us reacted to aside from remaining stiff, we were to busy keeping a close eye on our step dad.

"lilly where have you been we were worried sick-"

"it's lillian." i corrected her blankly, to which she ignored as she pulled away from the hug to look at nikki.

"and frankie...you've grown up so much...here, i want you to meet john."

but john was too busy staring at me with evil eyes, to which i then found myself breaking out into a cold sweat, my stomach tightening as anxiety rushed through my body.

my worst nightmare was coming true. how the fuck did they find us...

i didn't have time to speculate as i felt nikki nudge my arm and look at me. "this the guy?" he said before nodding towards the bruises on my arms. solemnly, my glazed eyes looked into his, and i'm not sure how, but he just knew. not only was this the man that abused me, it was also my worst fear. and nikki just knew.

what came next was sort of expected. nikki pushed past mom before grabbing john by the collar and raising his fist to punch him in the face.

only, john's reflexes were somehow fucking amazing, and he grabbed nikki's fist before he could punch him. nikki winced slightly in pain as john squeezed it in his hand. "there's no need for that, frankie."

my brother's face twisted. he leaned towards john before whispering just loud enough for me to hear, "that's not my fucking name." he pushed john off of him.

i felt my mom's hand on my shoulder to which i snapped away from. "why did you run away?" her annoying voice sounded.

it was now my turn for my face to twist. how low was this woman's IQ?

"you and i both know that living in that house is like living in a fucking torture chamber, diana." i emphasised her name to also emphasise the fact that i had no emotional connection to her anymore. only anger, only pain.

i used to believe that maybe i belonged in that house. that maybe i deserved to suffer. that's what HE made me believe. nikki and john still remained stood in front of each other with fists clenched by their sides.

"but we care about you, lillian. a life on the road...it's not the life for you."

she was here to make amends with me, not nikki. she needed to have power over something, since john was basically the fucking king of that shitty house.

"if you think i'm going anywhere with you, you're wrong. i'm 19. i'm an adult, you can't control me."

"but we changed the records."

i frowned as nikki now turned towards us. "the fuck do you mean?" i asked with a confused expression.

"you're 17."

"no i'm not."

"you are now. john has a friend. we changed the birth date on all of your records."

nikki's eyes widened as he realised what that meant. so did mine. they changed it illegally, but i - and i'm assuming nikki - despite this feeling like bullshit, believed that somehow she had pulled this off. meaning technically...i had to go home with them.

"what...the fuck...why would you-"

"because you belong with us lilly. now come home."

"she's not going anywhere with you." i heard my hero speak from behind us. but i couldn't even move. slowly i turned to face mick, me and nikki walked towards him and faced our shitty parents.

we all kept our eyes on john, who was surprisingly quiet but constantly posed as a threat. he was unpredictable, especially when under the influence. the band was under a contract with the touring agency to perform two shows at a venue in this state, so we couldn't just get the fuck out of there.

i felt my chest tighten as the world around me felt as if it was shrinking. suddenly it was as if i was back in my bedroom, locked in, just waiting for the next round of pain.

before i let it spiral out of control, i felt mick's hand link with my left hand, and nikki's with my right. i also saw the shadow of tommy stand behind us, placing a hand on my shoulder. out of the corner of my eye i saw vince attempting to look badass stood next to nikki with a screwdriver in his hand.

"vince it's a felony to threaten someone...even if it's with a screwdriver." nikki mumbled to vince who then quickly but the screwdriver into his pocket.

suddenly i felt bravery wash over me and fill me with confidence as i was surrounded by the family that i deserved.

"i'm not going anywhere with you."

"you want her, you go through us." mick said angrily as i felt him softly squeeze my hand.

"fine. but you will come back to me, lilly. eventually. we're spending a few nights in that hotel. you know where to find us." diana spoke, pointing at the hotel that we're also staying at. they wandered off with their luggage as her words left me feeling uneasy.

"gonna be a fun few days..." tommy spoke.

heaven ☆ mick marsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara