18.

i had to share a double bed with mick. that's it. that's the chapter.

just kidding, that's not the whole chapter. but yes, i shared a double bed with him.

4 days had passed and the band and i were enjoying our time in the villa, me and mick stealing any time we had to be with each other.

but no matter how many times vince insisted, no, we did not do what everyone thinks we did. yet.

something strange was happening, however.

almost every night, including after a show, the band went to several clubs throughout the night. i was struggling to adjust to this nightlife, so almost every evening after the show i went straight back to the villa.

so did nikki. but not sober.

he's never sober at the moment, he was practically drinking himself to death every night.

mick being then gentleman that he is always offered to stay home with me, i don't think he was aware of nikki's drunk outbursts but i think he knew something was up.

this shit show wasn't even in the evening. the band had gone grocery shopping since we had no food in the villa and tommy wanted to make a cake...

for reasons i'm not sure why, nikki being drunk also meant nikki being angry, along with being a hormonal mess.

i clicked open the door, walked towards the living room and scowled. the three things nikki merely paid attention to as his downed the rest of bottle number 348.

"nikki what the hell are you doing?" he heard me ask. he stood up, attempted to gain balance to an extent, now facing me.

"oh hey sis!" he said, with almost a twisted tone applied to his voice. i frowned. "i'm just, ya know! drinking life away." he muttered the last few words before scratching his head full of messy long hair.

i folded my arms, taking a few steps forward so i was in front of the pathetic boy, who felt that picking up a bottle was easier than facing the world and the responsibilities around him. i'm appalled that he let himself resort to this. more than usual.

i glared at him for a few seconds, squinting my eyes in attempt to read his expression before walking over to the blinds and opening them quickly, enraging the drunk rockstar, leaving me rolling my eyes.

"oh shut up nikki this is for your own good, you really think i'm gonna let you do this to yourself?" i shouted as i began to pick up the bottles scattered around the room.

"bitch."

i paused what i was doing. keep walking, i told myself.

ignore it, i told myself.

"you're a pathetic sister, stopping me from being happy, you don't love me-"

"nikki you seriously believe that this is happiness? i promise you, you're gonna feel worse when you're stone cold sober and you realise that all the problems you had before are all the problems you have now, plus a hangover."

"you're just like mom..." he slurred.

"no you know what nikki, you're like fucking mom. because all she did was drink, and give a shit about nothing."

nikki threw his bottle with anger at the wall. we watched his smash along with his sanity, the glass landing on the marble floor.

"jesus nikki if the others came back and saw this-"

"i don't give a shit lillian! just like how you don't give a shit about me."

i turned and faced him, fury in my eyes.

"fine. if you really believe that's true, i'll leave."

suddenly nikki's frowned eyebrows raised along with a shocked expression.

"no..." he said, stumbling forwards, tears now forming in his eyes. god he was so shitfaced, his emotions exemplified by the alcohol. "you can't. lillian please don't leave me. i-i can't live without my sister, i'm sorry..." his voice cracked, now falling on his knees and grabbing the bottom of my jumper, clinging on. i felt sympathetic. before i remembered, he's drunk.

i moved his hand and took a few steps backwards.

"pathetic." i mumbled. what happened next happened so fast, i didn't have time to process or react.

he got up quickly and firmly slapped me across the face, before pushing me into the shelf with glass ornaments on, which all came falling to the ground, shattering around me as they came into contact with the floor. i fell too, completely shocked.

at this moment, mick walked in with vince and tommy, dropping the grocery bags and running over to me.

"mick, the eggs- oh my god lillian.." vince shouted as his eyes met my shaken body.

mick knelt down by me and caressed the red scar now embedded in my forehead. i winced, inhaling and exhaling deeply as shock overcame me, tears now streaming down my face.

mick turned to look at nikki.

"did you do this?" mick shouted. i've never heard so much anger in his voice before.

nikki was nibbling his fingernails, looking at me with a concerned expression as tears too fell from his eyes.

"lillian i'm so sorry...i'm so sorry..."

mick got up quickly and started walking towards nikki, looking ready to beat the shit out of him before tommy stood in the way and stopped him.

nikki winced when mick grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to his bedroom still in a heavily drunken state.

vince and tommy both held me close as we listened to mick shouting, phrases such as, "you could've killed her! and yourself! couldn't you see how scared she was you asshole?"

vince wiped the bloody away from my forehead with a damp flannel, and eventually the shouting stopped.

mick walked back out the room and gently took my hand, pulling me towards our room. i said thank you to vince and tommy before walking with him.

i started crying again as he shut the door, pulling me towards the bed before pulling me into his arms as i lay in his chest.

"you're okay...i'm sorry i wasn't there."

"i just wanted to be there for him...i just wanted him to be okay."

"i know..." he whispered, his thumb slowly drawing circles on my back as he kissed the top of my head. i looked up at him and he planted a soft kiss on my lips with meaning. not wanting to pull away he placed a hand on my cheek and deepened the kiss. eventually we had to pull away for air, i nuzzled my face in his neck, leaving a soft kiss there.