8.

my eyes opened softly as i felt warmth throughout my body. i tensed up suddenly as i realised i was still in mick's arms. i didn't want to move but at the same time, it was 10am. i grabbed the hand of the arm that was wrapped around me, but i didn't want to let go. so i sort of just laid there, his hand in mine.

mick being mick, mick being sneaky, i didn't realise he was awake the whole time until he laced our fingers together, startling me as i jumped up quickly.

i felt myself burning with embarrassment and shyness all of a sudden, as i leapt up, noticing that i'd kicked my pants off in the middle of the night, leaving me in just a oversized black jumper and underwear.

mick smiled at me as i pushed my hair behind my ears, trying to act as if i wasn't totally embarrassed of myself. "mick. can you stop smiling at me whilst i'm in my underwear?" i said, raising my eyebrows.

wow. did i just pull off...um what's it called...flirting?

"i'm not smiling about that. you're just, cute, when you're shy. and when you're not, obviously."

as dramatic as it sounds, i now felt my insides burning out as my heart beat rapidly in my chest.

i suddenly desperately wanted to be in his arms again, so i slowly pretended to walk away, before turning around and running back towards the bed, practically jumping into his arms as he remained lying on the bed with his back against the wall. we both died of laughter, but i also noticed him wincing with pain, my smile fading rapidly as i sat up straight, my legs crossed.. "oh my god, mick i'm so sorry i completely forgot."

he looked at me seriously but snorted as he struggled to contain his laughter, and we were soon in stitches again. "you really like me that much huh? you could be in the olympics, i've never seen someone dive like that!" he said once we'd calmed down a bit. i laughed before stopping and frowning.

"who said i liked you spaceman?"

"o-oh yeah that's true...i um...sorry." he said, his turn to be embarrassed, as he looked away from me in attempt to hide his blushing face.

i smiled. i love- liked the funny side of mick. and the serious side. and the saving-my-life side. he looked back at me slowly and saw me smiling, a smile also creeping on his face.

and then, right on cue, my asshole of a brother walked in. i leapt up from the bed, underestimating the distance from the bed to the floor, landing on my ass, leaving mick snickering to himself.

"mick? where's lillian?"

"i don't know. i think she went home." he said seriously. i smiled evilly to myself, hiding by the side of the bed.

"h-home? why?" i suddenly felt bad as he sounded genuinely sad, so i jumped up and shouted "BOO!" which made him stumble backwards. "lillian!! i thought you'd actually gone."

i shook my head and smiled at him smugly, proud of mine and mick's mini prank. serves nikki right for how he spoke to me yesterday.

his eyes wandered to my legs and he suddenly looked away, a shocked expression on his face. i myself blushed profusely as i realised i didn't have pants on and that it probably seemed dodgy.

i put my hood up and sped into the bathroom, attempting to run away from the situation.

it not that i want to hide me and mick (if there was a me and mick) from nikki, i just didn't think he'd react well. like at all.

maybe i should just marry a priest.

or a dog.

that might keep nikki happy.