45.

mick's pov

my eyes opened with great difficulty. they were swollen, dry.

shit...no.

i glanced at the clock in my room, 2pm.

why was i awake? it had only been two hours since i last passed out.

my clock was the only thing illuminating my room.

i'd taped the blinds to the wall beneath them, preventing any sunlight from creeping in. it still found a way.

i don't want to be awake. not today. but i also needed to be.

it's been three weeks.

and yet, nothing. no trace. no word.

the van they took her in was found abandoned, four days after she was gone. fuck knows where they went from there.

i promised to protect her. i promised myself.

i keep fighting for her. what if she wants nothing to do with me?

regardless of if she never wants to see me again, i know one thing is true. she would rather burn in the pits of hell than be with them.

my mind casts back to the bruises. the ones she tried to keep under wraps. the fear when her mom and stepdad approached us.

this is my fault.

my pillow once again gets sodden with tears. i let out a quiet sob before forcing myself to get out of bed.

sitting upright, i curse under my breath. my fucking bones. the least of my problem yet still a ginormous pain in the ass.

i throw on black sweatpants and a long sleeved black top, along with my leather jacket. after brushing my teeth, i head out of my room, my eyes struggled to adjust to the light bursting down the hall.

i catch a brief glimpse of myself in a large mirror on the wall as i head for the stairs. my hair is matted, i look like shit.

in the wake of all of this, doc dipped into mötley's pot of money and put us all in a mansion in california. i hadn't even unpacked.

the tour had been put on pause.

the staircase lead right to the front door, i made a beeline for it.

"mick?" i heard doc's voice from the kitchen. slowly, i turned and found him stood in the hall with me.

"mhm?" my gaze was on anything but him. my heart hurt.

"i thought you were staying in bed today, you were up all night."

i shrugged my shoulders. "gonna check in with the police department, see if they've got any leads."

doc looked down at the floor, his hands in his pockets. "i called them a few hours ago, they said there weren't any-"

"i don't care." i snapped, my voice slightly raised. "a lot can happen in a small frame of time, look what happened to lilly."

our manager remained quiet for a few moments before exhaling deeply. "okay, i'll call them."

"no need, i'm going to the station myself."

"mick-"

"doc i'm not sitting on hold for 30 fucking minutes whilst i wait for them to tell me they have nothing. i am going to be on their ass making sure they're doing their damn jobs, even if i have to sit at a fucking desk with them, it's been THREE FUCKING WEEKS!!" my voice cracked as i shouted, a fresh set of tears threatening to fall. i was losing it.