14.

my eyes opened groggily as i instantly winced and the splitting pain in my head, the light shining through the curtains blinding my vision.

today was the day we move on to the next city, tour so far was going...smoothly?

nah, definitely not.

smiling to myself, i noticed that i had woken up in mick's arms for a second time.

i looked at him sleeping peacefully as i pushed some hair out of his face.

reaching for aspirin which was conveniently left out for me, i poured a glass of orange juice and took it.

i jumped a little when i heard knocking at the door.

luckily for me, nikki was behind it.

"hey lill...can we talk?" he asked.

i nodded, "can i get dressed first?" i asked, looking down at my dress from yesterday, a wave of relief rushing across his face, probably at the fact that i was even in clothes. he nodded as i closed the door.

i put on a red checked skirt along with an oversized black jumper which i tucked in and tied my hair into a ponytail, reaching for my sunglasses after brushing my teeth.

it was 11am, and the pool was surprisingly quiet, so we sat with our feet in the water.

"look, you know i hate saying this so consider yourself lucky but...i'm sorry."

my mouth gaped in shock. "did you just-"

"yes, i did just apologise. i've been...too overprotective."

"understatement of the year!" i exclaimed, to which he raised his eyebrows and glared at in response. "sorry, go on."

"listen in all honesty i've been a lot nicer than if you'd chosen vince or tommy. but because it's mick...i just know he has more respect than those asshats. i'm just worried lillian, mick's a lot older. like not just 5 years, like 12 years older. and he may not of told you, but he has a disease called-"

"i know about his disease."

"exactly! he's slowly becoming a cripple and, it's not what i thought you'd want in a guy."

"nikki. you know, i love you. and you may not like it but...i think i'm really falling."

"i know you are lill. which is why i wanted to tell you that i'm just gonna back off. i won't like it, i can't tell you that i'm gonna enjoy seeing you two together but, i don't think i'd like seeing you with any guy to be honest, none of them deserve you."

i smiled softly at him before wrapping my arms around him, to which he gasped at. he hesitated before wrapping his arms around me too.

"anyway, isn't it time to hit the road?" i asked.

"yep, get packing!"

we slowly made our way back up to the room, both of us hungover.

quietly opening the door handle in attempt to not wake mick up, i accidentally knocked a lamp off the table. luckily, mick was already awake. "i-i'm so sorry..."

he chuckled to himself. "don't worry about it." he said, wheeling his suitcase out of the room. that's it? he had nothing else to say?

weird. for mick, anyway.

we all made our way to the tour bus, tommy and vince already high, no surprise there.

"SALT LAKE CITYYYY HERE WE COME!" tommy shouted before mooning people out the window.

i sat, gazing out the window.

time for the next crazy adventure.