Chapter 2: Hangovers and Trips

Two words. Hang-Over. I groaned at the immense pain in my head. I attempted to get up but two strong arms held me back. Where was I? I panicked and checked whether I as cloths or not. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that I was fully clothed.
I turned my body to find a sleeping Eric. I smiled at the scene infront of me. He wasn't the ruthless, cold, mean leader. He was Eric, strong, protective, caring, just Eric.

"Staring is very rude, Ms. Caylen." He rasped in his morning voice. Hot daaaaaaamn. I blushed and snuggles closer to him.

"I'm going to Erudite tonight." He told me. I looked up at him. He still looked really tired, but I knew he was excited.

"They really want to meet you." He whispered as he buried his face in the crook of my head. I giggled softly because it tickled. He lightly kissed the spot and worked his way upward.

Suddenly there was a loud banging on the door. I laughed as profanities started to poor out of Eric's.

"I'm coming damit!" He shouted as he walked to the door. I'm glad I didn't wear makeup yesterday cause it would be a pain the the butt if I had it on all night.

"What?" Eric snapped towards person at the door. I quickly got up and changed into some cloths I had here whenever I slept over. (A/N again people get your mind out of the bloody gutter!)

I peeked from the living room to see who it was. Eric looked annoyed as Lilly looked like she could literally kiss me.

"Oh STORMY!!" She shouted as she ran up and jumped into my arms. I wondered is she was still drunk? I glanced at Eric who looked annoyed that he didn't finish what he started earlier. Ha, like he would get that far. I mentally shook the idea out of my head. Goodness stormy, I mentally scolded myself.

"What's wrong Lill?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Everyone got totally trashed last night. Everyone also stayed the night except you, Noor and Veronica."
She explained. I suddenly got worried for them.

"Don't worry" she said, "Verionica went to some guy's house and Noor went to Luke's." She told me. I nodded relieved that they were safe.

Eric came from behind me and wrapped his arms around my body.
"Getting my girlfriend drunk, Lilly?" He asked while shaking his head. As cliché as it sounds, my heart flutters everything he calls me his girlfriend.
She rolled her eyes.

"I'M the reason that she's your girlfriend. So show me the respect, Brains." She told him and walked right out the door.
I turned my head so I could face Eric.

"Why does everyone call you brains?"

He shrugged. "Most leaders just call me Brains. It's annoying though." He replied as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his room.

"Now," he starts, "let's go back to sleep."

I shook my head. "When are we going to Erudite?" I asked him. He glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Around 7." He told me. I nodded and pecked his lips.

"Im going to go check on Noor." I smiled up at him. He smiled back and kissed my cheek.

"I love your smile." He told he which resulted in my blushing. I shook my head and pulled away. "See you in a bit!" I called out as I shut the door.

I though about how so many things has changed in the past 3 months. I passed initiation. I got a job. I got a boyfriend. Many many more things and such. And I'm actually happy.

Finally, I reached Luke's apartment. We all lived in our own, but sometimes Noor and I like to crash here and annoy our dear Lucas. I grabbed the key from under the mat and placed it in the key hole.

"Honey I'm home!" I called as I walked inside. Noor groaned as she laid on the couch.

"How do you not have a hangover?" Noor asked bewildered. I shrugged, that was when Luke came in.

"Eric probably fixed it." Luke stated while wiggling his eyebrows.
I playfully rolled my eyes and sat down next to Noor.

"How work in the control room?" I asked him. Luke worked part time control room and part time at the fence. You should of seen the leader's faces when we sat down for the job choosing.

"Zeke and I try to make it as fun as possible, you know, when Fours not around." He joked. I laughed at this. Four could be fun, just not during his work.

"How about you," Noor nudged my shoulder, "Ms. Leader in training?" She asked.

Yup. I accepted becoming a leader. I really didn't want to at first, but I wanted to make a change.
Things are slightly changing. Four told me that the reason Willow was factionless wasn't because she planned revenges on Blake and Teddy. It was because she was divergent. The leaders-minus Eric and Lilly- apparently were going to send her to Erudite for testing. But thankfully she escaped and is somewhere with the factionless.
Most factionless are divergent, mostly why the factionless was formed. Either they didn't belong because they were divergent to they just weren't good enough. Some divergent are also in faction. Either your divergence is unknown by everyone-like mine-or you divergence is known to everyone.
I always hated seeing divergent dauntless members being treated like scum. It breaks my heart. I've seen it in other factions too. That's what I want to change, that is why I took the position.

But that's not all. I took the job of training initiates (transfers). Dauntless born have been training all their lives for that day. But the transfers were weak and frail, they'll be a whole different story by the time I'm done with them.

Luke, Noor, and I talked about the most random and useless things for hours. That's when my pager beeped.

Eric: Ready to go?

Me: yeah. I'll be on the train in 10.

"I got to go." I said while getting up.

"Where to?" Noor asked.

"Eric owes me a trip to Erudite." Luke immediately stiffened.

"Why?" He asked in a dark tone. I sighed.

"Eric visits his sibling once in a while. this time he want me to come." I told him calmly. The memory of how when Calum left was still fresh in my mind. The emotion, the pain, the anger. I broke out of my thought and bid then both goodbye's.

*Time Lapse*

I amusingly watched Eric as he grinned while looking through the window. He literally looked like a Uriah when he tried dauntless cake for the first time.
"Excited?" I asked him. He nodded and intwined our hands.

"You should smile more often." I reminded him. "People wouldn't as have heart attacks when you enter the room." I added. He chuckled and shook his head.
"I'll be giving people heart attacks the day I publicly smile." I laughed at his reply.

The lights of Erudite started to come time I our view. At the same time we jumped off and onto their platform.

"I never get tired of that." I told Eric. He smirked and nodded towards something in the distance. My eyes widened and my mouth went a gap.

A car. An actual car! I've never seen one in real life before.My hands roamed around the windows and sides.
Eric strode to one of the sides and opened the door.

"Well, get in." He told me, his eyes held amusement. I awkwardly got in. Eric laughed at my position. I sat back and patiently waited for Eric to come around. He got in and started the car.

The sun has already set making all the lights in people's houses and street lights Pop out. The low hum of the car could almost put you to sleep. I fully leaned against the seat and my eyes slowly shut. I then drift off to sleep.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ (A/N) Haiya! Did you like it. The first few chapters maybe boring but bare with me cause I have soooooooo much planned for this book!