Chapter 25

Heavily panting, we made it to our destination. The lights of the infirmary where dimmed almost pitch black, only the steady beat of heart monitors where heard.

The head nurse was asleep in her chair with her head tilted in an awkward position. Ignoring the pity feeling of how that position was going to hurt in the morning, I walked over to the front desk and looked up what room Sam was relocated to.

Just as I was about to tell Four the name of the room-a sudden crash was heard.

I looked at Four who looked back down at me. 'Get down' he mouthed. I nodded and quietly tiptoed towards the desk and crouched down. Slowly, I shifted my stance to make room for Four. I held a finger to my lips and pointed upwards where there was more commotion.

The sound of glass shattering cut the silence with a knife. Tiny shards slid underneath the desk. I peaked under the small spacing of the desk to see three pairs of feet.

From the knees and downward was all I could see. I then saw a hand grabbed a huge shard of glass from the floor.
A sudden out of someone screeching out filled the air, sending chills down my spine. Small splatters of blood painted the ground. I looked worryingly over at Four who looked like he was restraining himself from getting up.

Quickly, I grabbed the pager from my hand and texted Zeke and Luke

To: Lucas Hemmings (Dauntless)

Come to the Infirmary NOW

To: Ezekiel Pedrad (Dauntless)

Come to the infirmary STAT don't tell Uriah

Poor Uriah was already under a lot of pressure seeing his fears everyday, I didn't need to add anything to it, especially when training to act like a dauntless, not a divergent.
Almost immediately I got replies from the two.

'On my way'

Connecting the two chats, I sent them another message.

'Don't make a scene...stay hidden'

Quickly I showed Four the screen. My heart pounded in my chest as I remembered what the note said,

Might wanna be with him while it lasts.

What was that suppose to mean? Is it seriously to much to ask for? Just one drama less day. Suddenly I felt a nudge onto my ribs. I glanced at Four who has moved slightly from his original spot. He signals for me to crawl out of the desk. As quietly as possible I opened up a drawer which contained loaded guns for 'safety purposes'. I glanced at the front of the door where the the shadows of the supposed 'dauntless assassin' and his/her henchman or woman were.

Four tapped my shoulder and pointed towards the opposite direction of the room. There-to my surprise- stood Zeke and Luke holding two guns.

Four handed me a gun and then held 3 figures. I nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat.

3

2

1

"FREEZE" We shouted. Suddenly guns where shot and bullets where flying like the wind. "Go check on Sam!" Four shouts as he dodged a few other bullets.

I quickly reloaded the gun before snaking my way into the Patient Quarters.

My eyes scanned for Sams room.

Carter

Courtney

Collin

Ah bingo! Caylen