Chapter 45

Narrator's POV

Eric Night

Erudite born - now Dauntless

His many reputations way you down sometime, don't you think?

But no one chooses to be evil; evil is just their way of coping.

Not that I'm saying its the right way of coping.

It all started from a young age where the marital code was still young and love had just a peak of hope. But with the addition of more children with a total stranger; things got out of hand.

"Eric!"

An eight years old Evana calls for her brother as her father slowly creeps towards her.

"Now, now, Farah. No need to call for our son." Edward cooed with a lewd grin.

Evana lets out a piercing scream just as Edward leaps forward; but suddenly she stopped.

Edward night was writhing in the steel grasp of his 10 year old son.

"I knew this day would come," Eric mutters.

Without any words; Eric plunged his knife deep into Edwards back.

From that day on was when maliciousness became attached to fetus Eric's persona.

Stormy's POV

Have you ever wanted to cringe; but laugh at the same time? Yeah, that's how I feel right now.

"Did this seriously happen? Or.." I murmured towards Luke who was also bewildered at the new information we've been given.
Now, I have slightly calmed down and Luke had joined us.

Tobias gave us both a stern look which meant he wasn't playing around.

"Okay," I say slowly; once again trying to process this information. "Teddy's hair was the one we found in the sample...but she's already going to get severely punished because she was the Dauntless prostitute?"

"How did she not get punished before?" Luke asked now intrigued.

"There wasn't any evidence of her doings." Four says with a disgusted tone.

Luke I lightly chuckled knowingly. We totally called it.

~

~

~

I pressed the tip of the beer bottle against my lips allowing the bitter beer to flood into my mouth.

"What else?" I ask Uriah as I leaned into the bars of the chasm.

"I just can't believe Mar would do that. Then again, during the whole process she has been really quite" He tells me. I nodded knowing that 'quiet' was never a label that represented Marlene. I then started to trace the outer lining of the bottle.

"The quiet ones are always the ones you have to watch out for." I quote as my eyes flutter shut as I enjoyed the crashing sound of the harsh waves hitting the rocks of the chasms floor.

"Speaking of quiet ones, have you talked to Noor?" Uriah asked. My eyes flew open as I studied his face. He looked genially concerned which set off panic alarms in my mind.

"What do you mean?" I say slowly as though I was talking to a toddler.
An alarmed expression flashed across his face.

"Uriah..." I spoke in a threading tone.

"I wasn't suppose to say." He says in a rushed tone. "Luke didn't want to add more weight to your situation-"

I ran away from him and towards Noor and Luke's apartment right when the word situation blubbered from his mouth.
The last thing I needed was sympathy for what I had just occurred merely 24 hours ago.