Chapter 27

"I'm sorry..."

Nonononononono

This can NOT be happening

######################################

Noor pouts as Luke steers the beer away from her and takes a huge gulp.
I shook my head and laughed at the couple in front of me.

"You know you can't drink beer," I said while giving her a pointed look. She rolls her eyes and huffs.

Luke chuckles while taking a missive gulp of his beer once again.
"The advantages of not being pregnant."
She glared at him and smacked his shoulder. I laughed at the couple in front of me. They're just too cute.

"Have you heard anything of Sam?" Noor suddenly asked me. A sudden sadness washed over me. I shook my head. Noor got up from her seat and sat next to me. I sighed and leaned back into their couch.

Suddenly my pager went off.

Michael Clifford (Dauntless): Infirmary NOW

That was all I needed to hear. I bolted from my seat, telling them if I wasn't back in 15 then come and look for me.

I ran with all the adrenalin rushing through my system, I sped off towards the infirmary where Michael was. My heart literally felt like it would burst out of my chest at any moment as I ran 100 miles per second.

Please be ok, please be ok...I mentally changed as the familiar building came into view. I burst through the doors of the infirmary just in time to meet a pacing Michael.

"What happened? Where is he? Is everything-" I was cut off by a soft object smashing into my face. Stumbling backwards, I spewed down something...hairy in my mouth.

"Did you just throw a pillow at me?" I asked appalled. He only shrugged. "It was the only way you would shut up," He says with a smirk. I glared at him. That was when he realized the seriousness in scenario
"Sorry," he murmured.

Just as I was about to respond, the doctor came into the room.

"Family member of Samuel Caylen?" he asked as his eyes adverted from me to Michael. . "Right here," I say slightly annoyed. All I want to do was see my baby brother right now. And I will do anything, to see him.

"I'm sorry," he starts. But I didn't have time. I bolted towards the patient ward and turned into the room where Sam was.

My heart literally dropped into my stomach. Tears started to painfully sting my eyes as I saw the scene in front of me.

Sam's body remained the same as the last time I saw him. His bright green eyes where opened and stared into oblivion.
I slowly walked over to the bed, having the feeling as though I faltered one move, it would be the end of everything.

"Sam," I whispered as a tear ran down my face. His face was ghostly pale. My hand reached for his, just at the mere touch of my warm hand into his cold ones sent more tears to spring out of my system.

I used the fabric of my cloths to while the tears as I leaned forward towards Sam. Lightly, I pressed my lips onto his icy cold forehead.
As I got up, my back hit a sturdy chest. I turned to look at Michael who's eyes where red and puffy. He pulled me into a hug and held me tight, as though I was going to be the next to die.

That was when reality hit my like a train. Sam was, gone. His intoxicating laughter would no longer fill the hallways. His footsteps won't accompany mine when we race to the tattoo parlor to buy hair dye from Tori or Noor.
He won't show tease me and my relationship with Eric.