Chapter 18

I watched the people buzzing around the Pit. My eyes adverted to the teenagers showing off their new tattoos or new fighting techniques. I watched them in amusement wondering how their childish acts would change during initiation. Sucks how the Stage 2 and 3 of initiation can change someone for better or mostly worse.

"Ms. Stormy?" A small voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned around. The small girl I saved a while ago stood in front of me with a boy maybe around 10 or 12 beside her.

"Yes?" I asked while crouching down while trying my best to ignore the stinging sensation on my right shoulder.

"He wants to ask you something," she giggled while pointing to the boy beside her. He glared at her but then adverted his gaze to me.

"Umm...can I have you autograph?" He asked while showing a pen and napkin in his hands. I was appalled at first. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly before giving him a small smile.

"Sure," I said before signing my name. Along with my name I also wrote,

Be Brave, Be courageous, don't run away from fear, conquer it before it conquers you

-Stormy

Those wise words were from a dauntless poet I admired ever since I was a child. Unfortunately, he jumped the chasm a while ago. But someone had to carry his legacy, right?

"I really like you," the boy blurts out. "I-i-I mean, not like that. But I think your pretty bad@$$. And an Epic role model!" He said. I was slightly appalled by his choice of words.

"Thanks," I said sheepishly and stood up. (A/N haha 'sheepishly' baaaaaah🐏)

"Now, if you excuse me guys, I some work to do," I told them before stalking off.
Without being vain, I was pretty proud of myself for being a role model for that little boy. I could already see that little girl growing up; and when she starts to like boys I knew that her brother would be the 'over-protective' type of sibling. I laughed at the thought.

Finally, I made it to Max's office where I was suppose to meet him. Politely I knocked on the door. After waiting for a while an relived Uriah opened the door.
He smiled brightly when he saw my presence.

"Hello, Ms. Leader." He greeted. I curtsied with my non-existent skirt.

"Good evening Mr. Pedrad. Staying out of trouble I suppose?" I mimicked Jeanine Matthews. He laughed and left me to my unattended business.

"Ah Stormy!" Max greeted. I slightly bowed my head in respect.

"Max" I say. I turned my head towards Eric who was beside him.
"Eric," I smiled at him. He smirked back.

"What to you have against Miss Mathews?" He asked.

She kills my kind and treats us like scum, was what I wanted to say, but I held my tong.

"Why don't you? Who wants to listen to some cracked lady who walks around as though she has a stick up her a-"

"Enough!" Max cut me off. 'Couples these days bicker like old couples, I promise you', he mutters. I bit my lip, withholding my laughter as Eric glares at Max.

"Anyway," Max says. "Ther reason I called you both is because I have a few assignments for you."

"First," he turns to Eric, "I want you and Veronica to watch the initiates as they complete their simulations."

Was that really why he wanted from Eric? I mean, I'm their instructor, I should be able to watch them.
Even though Eric kept a blank face, I could tell he wasn't to eager to spend any time with Four. Suddenly the door opened. Veronica peaked her head into the room.