Chapter 15

My eyes flew open.

"Sam!" I shouted.

But no one was there. Just darkness. I calmed myself down before taking in my surroundings. I realized I was in Eric's room; but Eric wasn't here. I threw the sheets off of my body and adjusted my hair.

Cautiously, I walked into the study to see a frustrated Eric with loads of paperwork on his desk.
As quiet as possible, I walked into the kitchen and made a cup of coffee.
After it was boiled, (A/N I don't know how to make coffee XD) I set it on a coaster.

Surely enough, Eric was looking through his paperwork. I set the coffee down on the table next to him.

"You ok?" I asked him quietly as I leaned against the arm of the chair. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration and shook his head.

"I honestly don't even know the difference between right a wrong anymore," he told me. Vulnerability was clear in his voice. I wrapped my arms around him to clam him down.

I peered down at the papers in his hand.

Suspicions of divergence:

Beatrice Prior (Abnegation Transfer)

Samuel Caylen (Dauntless-Born Initiate)

Uriah Pendrad (Dauntless- Born initiate)

A few other initiates where also listed. A chill ran through my spine when I read Uirah and Sam's names.
I knew that Tris would be divergent . It's only been one day of Stage two and I already knew it. I've been pondering about this ever since she took Al's place in Stage 1. Not only that, after a few weeks into training, everyone should of lost their birth faction traits by now. Erudite's lost the need to correct everybody, Candors lost the effort to bud into conversations; Tessa already being a selfish little brat already threw her abnegation traits off of the chasm. I glanced at the clock.

4:37

"Your should get some sleep," I told him. He looked up at me, his grey eyes that I oh so loved looked dull. He had some bags under his eyes, he looked so tired. He opened his mouth to object but I cut him off,

"Nope, go." I demanded. He sighed in defeat and stood up. His more than 6ft frame towered over me.

"Had a bad dream?" He asked as his forehead pressed against mine. I nodded.

"Go. Get. Some. Sleep," I told him. He smirked. Oh goodness...

"I like a girl who's demanding, " he murmured in my ear before pecking my cheek. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks immediately. He let out a deep chuckle before retreating to his bedroom.

As soon as he left I sat down on his desk. I looked back at the paper which held the initiates who were held for suspicion of being divergent.
I grabbed my pager and held it over the pager, quickly taking a picture. Quickly, I sent it to Four.

I got startled as I got an immediate reply.

Four: Come over to my apartment...we have some thugs to discuss

I sent an 'Ok' and quickly got dressed.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I softly knocked on Four's door. Right when he opened it he paced a finger to his lips. I was confused at first but my eyes drifted towards his bed. Blonde hair was clearly visible. My eyebrows shot up and i looked at Four wide eyed.