Chapter 23

I placed a false smile on my face before extending my hand.

"Mrs. Matthews! Pleasant to meet you in person," I greet. She takes my hand, believing my fake greeting, and looks at me as though I was a science experiment.

"Dauntless's youngest leader," she says slowly, as though she was tasting the name itself. "Looks like you got competition, Eric." She says while glancing at Eric who was behind me.

Eric merely smirked. "I see no need of competition, Ms Matthews."

I glared at him. "A coward blindly accepts an opponent as though accepting death itself," I say while glancing at him with a small smile. The phrase was secretly from one of our favorite book of quotes.

He only smirked back. "A brave man can't even defend himself against loved ones, let alone others But a coward would faintly bicker as though the superior was weak," he retorts. My eyes slightly widened before I kept it blank.
Your an idiot for secretly saying you love me infront of smart@$$ Erudite people, I mentally screamed at him.

Just behind Jeanine was her Tony who scowled at he attention Eric was giving me. Well love you to missy, I say in my mind.

"Let's get ready for the meeting shall we?" Jeannine asked. We all nodded and followed her towards the meeting her.

Yes, we followed her. She strut around this place as though she owned it.

I milled around the back of the group, not to thrilled to meet Jeanine and her family who tagged along.

Suddenly a sharp stinging feeling was felt on my arm. Just by a millisecond I stopped, only to get thrown to the wall. I was taken aback, only resulting for the attacker to advance on me. Suddenly the attacker revealed their face in the sheer dark hallway.

"You think I don't understand poetry?!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(A/N) Who do you think it is?! Please comment below!

I'm VERRY intrigued to know...

Do you have a favorite quote or scene from the series? Made of Steel or Made of secrets?

Have a favorite quote or poem?

Let me know in the comments!

Druuuuumroooooooooll please...

VOTE

COMMENT!

SHARE!

PEACE✌! And Stay cloudy☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️