Chapter 20

"Stage one consists of physical training," I say in my instructor mode. "Test your bodies to the breaking point. You will handle guns, throw knifes, and learn a few kicks and punches."

First I demonstrates how to handle a gun. I eyes the bullseye, took a deep breath, and fired.
I then signaled for them to do it.

Evana copied my stance and mimed what I did. She hit the ring closest to the bullseye. My eyebrows shot up, I was inpressed. Some dauntless born couldn't even do that good during initiation.

My eyes then adverted towards Tony who obviously wasn't paying attention to my demonstration. Just as she struggled Eric came up to her and fixed her position. She glanced at me and smirked before 'accidentally' rubbing up against him.

This of corse made my blood boil as a wave of sadness flossed over me. I turned to look at Four who was staring at Eric in anger. When he glanced at me I shook my head, meaning to just leave it.

After Tony had gotten slightly better we worked with throwing knifes. Four and I each took one and stood in front of our own targets. Four first threw his knife, which successfully landed on the Bulls eye.

I focused all my attention on the target. I blocked out every emotion that u was feeling at the moment. I blocked out Evana, Tony, Four...Eric. Taking a deep breath, I positioned me feet and threw the knife with ease. Hit dead center.

"Anyone can do that," Tony scoffed. I rolled my eyes. "Then you try," I tell her while handing her the knife, trying with all my will not to stab her with it.
She snatched the knife from my hand and strut towards the target.
She attempted to mirror my stance and positioned the knife.
Tony threw to hard, resulting at the knife to wiz past the targets, towards the widow which shattered in millions of pieces. I stiffened my laughter unlike Four and Evana.

"Well," I say as I turn to Eric for the first time since last nights events. "This leader," I say while motioning to myself. "Is not paying for that damage."

He smirked. I glanced away from him and to Tony who looked infuriated.

"This was rigged!" She shouts while getting up in my face. She was very slim and tall making her tower in my mere 5'6 height.
I raised an eyebrow at the lunatic in front of me.

"How?" I questioned.

"Obviously you put something on the knife which you so happen to hand to me," she says while looking over at Eric for help. He only looked away, finding a sudden interest in the door. Ha, beat that girly, I smirked and mentally hi-fived myself.

Tony sighs in frustration before a bell suddenly rang. I looked at Four confused. Since when was there a bell in the training room, I mentally ask.

"Lunch Time," he announces.

As fast as I possibly could I sprinted out of the room towards Noor's apartment. I knocked on the door and patiently waited. Today Evana was going to tell us something about Eric and Tony. The hidden piece of the puzzle.

The door suddenly opened to reveal Evana. I looked at her shock.

"How did you make it here so fast?" I asked cautiously. She smirked, I almost cringed at how much she looked like Eric when she did that.

"Short cut," she states. I nodded, letting the subject drift away.

I entered the apartment and plopped down on the couch next to Noor. We waited for what Evana was going to tell us as patiently as we could.

She then started...

Surprisingly, Teddy and Evana were friends. At first she was cautious because having a friend older than you was very uncommon in Erudite, but that apparently changed to the point where Evana considered Teddy as her own sister.