Chapter 46.5

~Four Years Ago~
(stormy would be 14)

"Is it dead?" Stormella asked her older brother as she bent down to examine her twin brother. Calum Calyn laid on his elder brother's bed.
"This is no time to joke, Stormy." Kian Caylen tells his younger sister who rolled her eyes at him. "Like you don't do it all the time!"

"Just shut up!" Kian shouted at her before testing his bedroom's door, seeing if it was locked or not. The reason why he did this was because him and Stormy did not want their younger brother, Samuel Caylen, to know what had happened to Calum. For some odd reason, their father had avoided hurting his youngest child, which made the other three siblings who have to endure through the pain slightly envy him.
Stormella rolled her eyes before attending back to Calum. With tweezers, she pulled out shards of glass that were lodged inside the boy's tanned skin.

A few hours had now passed and the second youngest Caylen had finally awoken. The three sat in Kian's room. Stormella continued to check on Calum's cuts and bruises due to his great annoyance. It wasn't like this is the first time such things had happened. It was a daily/weekly basis that their father would beat them.

"Why does this happen?" Stormella asked, her voice quivered and her tone was just above a whisper. Calum looked up at his twin sister and then towards his older brother. All three siblings knew how unfair this treatment was. Only their youngest sibling was the pure child that their father wouldn't lay a finger on.

"We just gotta' stick together." Kian says while shoving his hands in his pockets. "And..." He trails off, not knowing what to say.

"...be there and stick up for each other." Stormella and Calum say at the same time they both shared a smile, both of their pale faces smiling bright in the dark room as their bright brown eyes shimmered.

"Pinky promise?" Stormella asked while holding out her frail pinky out towards her brothers.

The three of them tangled their pinkies together, sharing laughs as their fingers awkwardly intwined.

"Promise." They all say in unison.

If only the promises through blood were kept.

7 years ago

Ten years ago, Stormella Caylen was perched on top of a barstool with her lower lip jotted out towards her mother whom forced her to go to tutoring because of Stormella's poor grades. Stormy, however, thought that her straight C's were acceptable, due to her mother's great annoyance.

"I do not need this tutoring! It's completely irrelevant..."

Stormy exclaimed while spinning in the rotating barstool chair, she thought that using big words could influence her mother into taking this tutoring into consideration. Kian, her older twelve year old brother, rolled his eyes at his sister's use of vocabulary.

"Do you even know what 'irrelevant' means?" Kian snapped at his younger sister. He too, was struggling with his grades but managed to keep them at a steady rate. In order to prevent himself from getting tutored by an Erudite peer, he had to at least maintain a low A.

"Do you even know what you mean?" Stormy shot back, mimicking her older brother.

"Stormy," Her mother's voice was thick with anger as her intimidating eyes scourged into hers. Stormy eventually gave up In fighting knowing at this rate she would get know where. "Besides," Her mother began. "Look who has the higher grades in this situation."