Chapter 26

So many things can happen in just a few days. Your bother is sent to the infirmary, you realize that your boyfriend was threatened so he faked a break up with you AND you both still have a hidden relationship. Then there's someone sending you mysterious notes that would want to make you move away from Chicago. Now this...

Four was currently explaining to Max, Eric and Cole the events that have just happened. I sent Zeke home to watch over Hannah, much to his protest. After not seeing Michael in ages, I told Luke to go spend the night with him. I didn't want Noor to have a heart attack when she sees the father of her child limping into their apartment with a bullet wound.

Lilly currently sat next to me with her arm around my shoulder, calming me down from the events that have just occurred.

"It's not your fault," she murmured.

"But if I haven't left...then maybe-" she cut me off with her stern look. This was probably why Lilly was he most feared female leader. She would be all light and bubbly but when it gets down to business she turns into a typical Eric. I sighed and slumped in my chair. I pushed the two plastic bags further into my jacket, making them more secure.

Max suddenly clears his throat, grabbing both mine and Lilly's attention.

"We've called Candor investigators. They'll see what's up."

'The sky is what's up' I muttered only for Lilly to hear. She let out a snort. Max however didn't notice, or at least pretended he didn't notice.

"The Matthews family on the other hand has left because Jeanine and her husband are very busy people."
Well that's not suspicious at all.

"By the way...why where you and Four visiting the infirmary at this hour?" Max questions. I noticed how he avoided his gaze the whole time. Good he should.

I glanced at Four, guessing that he didn't tell them about the notes. Which I was very grateful for. This also brought Cole and Eric's attention.

"We just chatted after the meeting and then remembered that we didn't visit Sam today," I lied smoothly. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I did have to visit Sam. The note just gave me a little bit more motivation.
Behind Max, Eric raised his pierce eyebrow at me. Of course he could tell I was lying. He gave me a look telling me that this subject was not over.
Along side Lilly, we walked over to Sam's room.

Just as I saw him laying there made my heart break. I felt like there was something that I could of done to help him or the transfer who jumped.

"What even happens between him and that Transfer?" I asked Lilly, my eyes where still glued to Sam's almost lifeless body.

"No one knows...the camera glitches during the encounter," Lilly tore her eyes away from Sam to look at me.
I sighed before slumping into the chair.

"I guess we'll never know."

**Sam's POV**
(Before all the chaos)

I furiously glared at the pathetic excuse of a dauntless I front of me.

"You're such a coward!" I shouted. He glared back, but it was too soft, I could tell he was starting to get nervous.

"You would of done the same thing if it was you!" Al counters. "I saw the was you where angered when you saw that she was in the lead."

I was taken aback by what he said. Did I really looks as furious as I felt? I mean, I was slightly ticked off that I saw out ranked by a stiff, but where my expressions giving off the wrong attitude.

"I wouldn't of done the same thing," I said more to myself than Al.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my cheek. I started at Al in shock, he'd never hit someone. Tris even told me that he would forgot the fights because he wanted to avoid hurting someone.
Well that changed, didn't it?