Chapter 24

{Previously on 'Made of Secrets'}

A brave man can't even defend himself against loved ones, let alone others But a coward would faintly bicker as though the superior was weak," he retorts. My eyes slightly widened before I kept it blank.
Your an idiot for secretly saying you love me infront of smart@$$ Erudite people, I mentally screamed at him.
___________________ I was taken aback, only resulting for the attacker to advance on me. Suddenly the attacker revealed their face in the sheer dark hallway.

"You think I don't understand poetry?!"
=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|

Tony stared down at me furiously. I kept my face void of emotions. For the first time ever, I was lost for words.

Think of a response already! I mentally screamed at myself. But being under pressure didn't help one bit. Sometimes I wished I was one of those people that would perform their best under pressure.

I was torn between taking the logical way out and lie or doing the selfless thing and back down.
Logically I knew that saying, 'I have know idea what your talking about' was the worst idea ever.

"Well?" She pestered. Time was running fast like two dauntless racers. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest to the point where I could heard it in my ears.

"We've broken up, Tony," I said boldly. An intense pain was felt in my heart.

She scoffed.
"Do you honestly think I'm stupid?! I know, your whoring around with my boyfriend," she spat. I rolled my eyes, placing my best poker face. By now I was refraining myself for pushing something, specifically her.

"We broke up when he...kissed you," I said almost throwing up by saying those words. "But we're still friends," I said firmly.

Unexpectedly I shoved her off me and turned towards the meeting room, ignoring the stinging sensation in my chest.
______________________________________

"Hope you have a wonderful stay...all of you," Max tells the Matthews family, his voice dripped with undetected sarcasm. Quickly, he shut the door resulting in all us to slump.

"Glad that's over," I muttered while leaning back in the chair behind me. Hours and hours of Jeannine's voice droning about how 'Divergents are threats' sure drained the living daylight out of someone.

"Max you seriously can't believe this bullshït Jeannine speaks of," Lilly says beside me.

Max shrugs. "It kind of makes sense,"

"Everything makes sense only when your desperate for answers," I muttered.

"It does!" Max exclaimed as though he was trying to convince us.

That's when I snapped.

"Max, so what if Divergents area a threat to the system? What have they done? Their not a threat to us, their s threat to Jeannine! They're more superior than her because of their intelligence. She's just manipulating you to think the way she does! Divergents are a threat? More like we're a threat to them. Have you seen the way how their treated on the street? How could you possibally-"

I was cut off as soon as Max lifted his hand to silence me. He looked with me with a classic intimidation mask.

"We're a threat the Divergents? Pathetic," he spats, I was taken aback by his sudden comeback. "By the sounds of it, sounds like your protecting them? Why's that stormy? Trying to take the cowardly way out? Just line your damn mother!?"

That was my trigger word.

My fist immediately raised and connected to his jaw with a sickening snap.

Eric and Lilly's arms immediately went around my own as Veronica grabbed Max. Ha, I knew she had the hots for him. News flash honey, liking a guy half you age won't work out. As bïtchy as it sounds.

"Calm down,Stormy," Eric growled in my ear, resulting in a cold shiver to run down my spine.
I sighed in attempt to calm down. It didn't work...

I wiggled out of Eric's grasp and stormed out of the room as adrenaline continued to corse through my veins. I desperately needed a distraction. It was just to much to process.

My eyes were closed. I just let my legs carry me wherever they allowed me to ago. My eyes snapped open at the sudden voices. Slowly I leaned against the wall and peaked into the dimmed hallway.
Two figures stood there talking in hushed voices. One was pacing while the other was calming the other down. Wow...sounds pretty familiar...

"That little girl has no idea who she's messing with," the female mutters.

"Maybe she was telling the truth," the male attempted to reason. But it was no use.

My eyes widened realizing that is was Tony, and that 'little girl' had to be me. The guy must have been her brother, Jason Matthews.

"She's too intimidating to be a whore...but she does have the looks," he says while licking his lips. I grimaced at his words.

They continued to speak in hushed tones. Just as they were about to turn I sprinted off in the opposite direction so I couldn't get caught.

I continued to walk towards my favorite place in dauntless. The chasm. Suddenly a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Want some company?"

I turned around to meet the dark blue eyes that were exactly identical to my own. I gave him a lopsided smile and nodded.
In a comfortable silence we both walked towards the chasm.

My mind wandered off to Evelyn and Four being my brother. To this day I would get mad at myself for not seeing it. I understand how my skin would turn slightly darker but when your eyes turn from a dark brown to a light-ish, dark blue, you know something's up.
Then there was Evelyn. Someone who claims she did a selfless act yet has done the total opposite. I
was snapped out of my thought when I heard the sudden clap of water against rocks.

"I saw what happened in the meeting room," Four says.
I looked at him confused before realizing that he saw through the cameras.

"He deserved it," I told him.

"What did he say?" Four asked hesitantly, sensing my mood.

"He was talking about how Divergents where a threat to the system and how they should be extremities just like Matthews," I grumbled.
"And he called me a coward...just like Ella," I said the last part barely above a whisper. Unfortunately, he caught it.

"You threw a nice punch," he compliments as he ruffles my hair. I scrunched up my face has he did so. I flexed my muscles. Four rolls his eyes and leans back against the rock that was supporting him. I also closed my eyes. I then shuffled in my seat, trying to get into a comfortable position. As I did so, a small crumpling sound was heard. My eyes shot open, along with Four's. I looked down onto the ground where the sound was heard. Four bent down next to my foot and picked up a piece of crumpled up paper.

How's your brother honey? Might wanna be with him while it lasts.

Love, the dauntless assassin

Four and I stared at the note with our jaws hanging down into the chasm.

Without a second thought I sprinted towards the infirmary, Four right on my tail.

>>?>>>>>>>>>>>>>><>>
(A/N) thoughts on the chapter? I hope Stormy didn't sound to bïtchy

Let me know!

VOTE

COMMENT!

SHARE

PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUT✌️✌😊