Chapter 16

I walked into the sea of nervous initiates who were looking for places to sit. Everyone either looked like they were going to cry at any moment or scream if someone touched them.
I mentally scoffed. It's only been a day since they started to face their fears. There was a slight pity for them though. It was almost like yesterday when I had to face my fears. But almost everyday was like facing my fears. Ever since I was 8, it was like living in the landscapes. Probably why I wasn't affected as much as others.

Slowly I walked into the room.

"Who's first?" I asked him. He glanced down at the clipboard in his hand.

"Will," Four says.

And so it started. Will had the fear of drowning in acid. I almost threw up during that one, to be honest. He made it out in 18 minutes and 34 seconds.

Next was Christina. As much as I hate to admit it, Four and I were laughing during her simulation. She was afraid of moths. The way she batted her legs and flailed her arms was pretty amusing to us. She made it out in 20 minutes and 13 seconds.

Then there was Al. Surprisingly, Tris was in this fear. The other two male Candor transfers were telling him to shoot Tris, he was getting very pressured. Tris kept shooting insults at him, telling him that he was 'useless' and a 'coward' and a few other personal things. He had gotten pressured to the point where he turned the gun towards himself. He made it out in 18 minutes exact. I was slightly worried about him. If he had to face his fear in real life, this would probably be his first solution.

.

.

.

Now there were only 3 initiates left. He 3 who are suspected of being divergent.

"Tris," I gestures for her to come in. I opened the door wider for her to get it.

'I'll be outside' i mouthed to Four and sent him a wink. He sent me a glare before I shut the door. I walked towards Uriah and Sam who haven't noticed my presence yet.

"Hey guys," I said quietly, not wanting to startle them. Sam, who was holding a few cards, dropped them a turned towards me with a frightened expression. Once he realized it was me, he relaxed.

"Simulations that bad?" I asked while wrapping an arm around Sam. They both nodded in reply. I softly kicked Uriah's leg.

"C'mon Sunshine, where's you Amity happiness?" I joked. He cracked a small smile.

Suddenly the door opens and Tris walks out with a faint blush on her cheeks.
Well then...that happened.

Now it was Sam's turn.

"Be brave, Sammy," I whispered to him. He nervously nodded and slipped into the darkness. Four and I watched as he entered his sim.

After one minute I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the room, towards the place where I loved the most.

The Chasm.

I couldn't believe what I saw on that computer screen. It was me. With Kian and Calum. We were beating him till oblivion. A cold chill rushed down my spine at the mere thoughts.

I wanted to help him. I wanted to help Lilly who still hasn't recovered in her full unicorn state. I want to help Noor who looked so distressed today. I wanted to help Eric, who looked like he could snap someone neck if they talked back to him.

But how can you save others when you can barely save yourself?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(A/N) aeooooo! Have slight writers block but I'm making my way through it.
If you haven't noticed already I love 5 seconds of summer ❤️❤️❤️
Ashton is my favorite😊

I'm finishing a story for this author who gave up one of her fanfics! I'm pretty into it...you can check it out of ya want.

How are you guys? 😊

Anyway...

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!

FOLLOW!

PEACE✌️✌