EIGHTY FOUR 🌸

Lola waved to us from her car and Arlo picked up the pace

Lola waved to us from her car and Arlo picked up the pace. I looked behind, at the town I was born and raised. Mentally locking it into my memory, the last few remaining pieces of my mom. Leaving this time felt different, it felt permanent.

"Hey!" Arlo greeted.

"God, what happened to you both? You look like shit." Arlo glanced at me, silently exchanging a look.

"Nothing, we just slept a little rough last night." He lied. We got into the back of her car and I gazed out of my window, thinking about my mom.

"Blossom, I know you've already met but let me officially introduce you to Lola. She's literally the best person in the whole world."

"Yeah, you better keep buttering me up kid, you know how much shit I'm gonna in be for this?" She gripped her hands around the steering wheel and kept on driving out of town, looking behind her to make sure we weren't being followed.

I snapped myself out of the dreary thoughts.

"Hi, Lola his doctor right?" She was taking the backroads out of town, only the farmers used them.

"Not if anyone finds out about this." She wound her window up tight. "God, it smells disgusting around here."

"She's the whole reason I could come to you. She got me out of the hospital early and found me your address."

"Arlo-" Lola interrupted and shook her head, not wanting him to continue.

"Your fathers address was on your medical records from when you got your head stitched. Without Lola hacking into your medical files we would've never known where to find you."

"Arlo, Jesus!" Lola scolded.

"She's not going to say anything, chill."

"I apologise for betraying your privacy Fearne, it was unprofessional of me and not to mention illegal. Arlo explained to me how your father treated you and the social workers were taking too long in my opinion."

"I'm not mad, I'm grateful. Thank you for doing that, I know you risked a lot for me. Arlo was right my father was dangerous and damaging to me."

"Me and you gotta talk later." She warned Arlo, peering at him angrily through her mirror. I laughed.

"You look a lot like Lexi sometimes." Arlo looked at me slowly.

"Yeah, she's Lexi bio-mom, did I not tell you that?" I shook my head, she gave Lexi up for adoption?

"I was their surrogate and their donor." She informed me.

"Oh." I muttered quietly.

We drove away from Fresco for hours, I actually fell asleep in the backseat for most of the journey. I felt like I hadn't slept in months, probably because I hadn't. I woke up when her engine rumbled to a stop.