Chapter 1: Daily

Arya's POV -

My eyes peeled open, and then shut. Peeled open, then shut again. I groaned under the comfy covers and turned my head to the side, snuggling more into my pillow.

That lasted for about what seemed like 5 seconds before a blaring alarm invaded my eardrums. I almost screamed and tumbled off the bed, my eyes shooting open. I sighed heavily and reached over, pressing my phone screen frantically to turn the device off.

I sighed and sat up, my messy, curly brown hair flying everywhere. I tried to untangle my hair by brushing my hand through it but it was no use. Breathing out heavily, I swung my bare feet over my bed and placed them on the cool floor.

I sat there on my bed for a good minute before deciding to get up. I had school today after all. And it was Monday which is even worse. Strolling over to my closet, I picked out a sweatshirt  and some leggings. It was rainy today, and cold. I grabbed my white converse and headed to the bathroom to fix my hair. Staring in the mirror I cringed slightly at the mess.

Grabbing my brush I tried to go through the knots which was quite difficult. I finally fixed it to where it looked decent and brushed my teeth. I don't wear makeup too often so I decided to not wear any today.

I grabbed my backpack from my room and headed downstairs. A sweet aroma of pancakes filled the air, and I licked my lips in anticipation. "Mama," I greeted, reaching the bar stools at the kitchen island. She turned to me from the stove, smiling slightly.

"Arya, good to know you're awake." She greeted before turning back to the stove to continue cooking. I watched her flip a giant pancake with ease.

"Did Papa go to work?" I questioned, swinging my legs back and forth on the chair.

"Yes, he won't be back until late."

I only nodded, watching as she grabbed two plates from the cabinets and filled them with multiple pancakes each. She passed one to me and poured syrup on top, then handed me a knife and fork.

"Thank you," I said softly, starting to cut through the pancakes. I lifted a forkful to my mouth and I almost passed out from the amazing taste.

A few minutes of silence went by as we ate. It wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, I mostly talk with mama about school.

And it was like she read my mind,

"Do you have any exams coming up?" She questioned.

"Not that I know of, but I'm sure there will be something."

"Well when there is, you better get on it. You know every grade counts."

Yes, I do know. She reminded me pretty much every day about my grades. Mama wants me to get into a top school such as Harvard or Yale, but I wasn't sure what I wanted...

"I will mama," I replied, finishing my plate and heading to the sink to wash it. I check the time. Oh no! I'll be late.

"I need to go! See you later!" I called, rushing to the door and padding my feet down the steps.

I began my journey to the school. It was about a 10 minute walk. We start at 8:00, and it was currently 7:50, so I will hopefully make it right on time to my English class.

The only bad thing was that it was raining. This didn't help my case at all.

In the span of two minutes my hair was beginning to become soaked as the rain increased in speed and power. I groaned, I should have grabbed an umbrella.

8 minutes later I make it to school and rush to my English class, knowing I look like I just got out of the ocean. I enter class and see my best friend Izzy in her seat already. Right as I get to my seat, the bell rings. I sigh in relief and turn to her only to see her staring at me already with a smirk.