Chapter 51: Friends

A lot of people like Elijah apparently so here you go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah's POV -

"When will she wake up Wyatt?" Rome asks for the one millionth time now since Arya's collapsed.

Wyatt sighs but tries to hide it, however I'm not sure why he thought he could.

Rome's eyes flash with a dangerous expression and Wyatt clears his throat.

"Maybe a few hours."

"Maybe?" Rome repeats slowly and I can tell he's just getting more furious by the second.

"Yes, I'd say about 2-3 hours or so. I can't exactly pick a direct time, her body just went into shock. She will wake soon boss."

Rome sighs and runs a hand through his hair before nodding. We all watch in silence as the doc checks over Arya once more before leaving the room, shutting the door softly behind him.

Rome sits in the chair near the bed and holds her hand tightly in his. My eyes move from him to Arya as she lays unconscious on the sheets. Nothing else is heard besides her shallow breaths and small beeping of the monitor.

Breathing out through my nose, I move my gaze over to James whose staring worriedly at the girl and then to Grant who for some reason is still here.

Narrowing my eyes at him he must have either noticed or literally felt my stare because his eyes meet mine and he gives me a look of confusion.

Shaking my head, I straighten my shoulders and without a word, head for the door.

Striding to the kitchen I reach for the one thing I always do.

Alcohol.

Opening the fridge I grab a beer and pop it open, chugging about half of it.

Sitting at one of the island chairs I ponder in silence.

It's too quiet.

It's never quiet when she's around.

For some reason she picks up everyone's spirits.

Sometimes even mine.

With her constant smiles and questions to try and know me better.

Her need to try and become my friend.

Could I be her friend?

Swigging another chunk of beer, I place down the bottle harshly on the counter.

I notice the way she struggles with eating but tries to cover it up.

Rome obviously knows about it by the constant reassurance and soft looks he gives her.

He's completely different when around her. All his walls come down in an instant.

I wish it were that easy for me to feel.

It's been anything but easy, especially during my childhood.

Drugs.

Alcohol.

Beatings.

Punishments.

Scars.

Guns.

Murder.

That was all there when I was a kid. I was everything else besides happy.

I don't think I'll ever feel truly happy again.