Chapter 10: Innocent

Arya's POV -

"Well!" Izzy says, rubbing her hands together, "Arya's right ya'll, no fights! Only drinking!" She says, grabbing her plastic cup of something.

She takes a big gulp of it before smiling and putting it down.

"Arya, since you've never drank before, I'll get you something light. Come on Trevor." She gestures towards the cooler.

Trevor eyes me once more before smirking and turning the other way to follow Izzy.

I feel Rome tense up slightly, definitely catching his odd act.

"Why does he always do that?" I whisper to myself, not expecting the man beside me to hear me. But it doesn't surprise me that he does.

"Do what?" He says, turning to face me.

"He..." I try to think of how to put it. "He always seems to be looking at me. Or smirking, I don't know why..." I whisper to him, watching as his eyes turn dark and glaring towards the said man at the cooler.

"If he tries anything, come to me, okay? Lo ucciderò io stesso, cazzo, se necessario."

(I'll fucking kill him myself if I have to.)

"Hm?" I tilt my head, "I don't know Italian, you know that!" I yell making him chuckle.

"I know darling, it just makes it so much more fun. Non vorrei che tu conoscessi i pensieri nella mia testa su quel ragazzino."

(Wouldn't want you to know the thoughts in my head about that little boy.)

I pout and huff, but say nothing as Izzy and Trevor return, a bottle of something in her hand.

"Here, try this." She hands me it, and I look at it nervously.

I have no idea what this is.

"Alright, party time! Come on!" Izzy drags Trevor out the doorway and to the dance floor.

I watch them leave and then glance back at the can in my hand.

I'm about to try and open it before it gets snatched out of my hand. My eyes widen and I look up at Rome.

"Have you ever drank alcohol before?" He asks, raising a thick brow. My cheeks flush.

"N-No," I murmur and he hums.

I watch as he turns the can over, most likely reading the labels.

"It doesn't have much in it, but if you're going to have it, I don't want you having anymore after. Especially if you've never even had alcohol." He says, giving the can back to me.

I look at it once more, and then the top where it has to be popped open to drink it.

"Err, no!" I exclaim, throwing it on the floor.

Rome stares down at me in amusement.

"I don't want it. Alcohol is bad!" I say, making Rome nod.

"I knew you wouldn't."

"What?!"

He chuckles, "I knew you wouldn't." He repeats making me pout.

"But how?"

"Call it a sixth sense."

He doesn't say anything else, so I simply shrug it off.

We finally make our way out of the kitchen, and into the crowd of people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, I'm dancing with Izzy to the music, hundreds surrounding us dancing as well.