Chapter 63: Exams

Arya's POV -

December finally approached and every day so far consisted of Izzy texting me, begging for forgiveness and asking if we can talk. All to which I've ignored. I've purposefully ignored her at school as well.

I feel like an awful friend and I'm starting to give in. Maybe I need to give her another chance. I've been hanging out with Cassidy at school and it makes me feel like a jerk for ignoring Izzy.

However the month of December also had me studying, studying, and oh...more studying.

Also freaking out about exams no matter how much Rome tried to tell me I'd do fine on them.

*Flashback*

"Oh gosh, what if I do terrible and then I get kicked out?" I say to Rome who looks like he has no idea what to say.

"You're going to do fine-"

"Oh yeah I'm done for."

"Arya-"

"I need to go study!" I fly up the stairs in a flash leaving Rome watching me in shocked silence.

*End of Flashback*

That's mostly what It's been like for the past two weeks and now I had my first exam on Monday.

Oh jeez I'm gonna freak out again now that I'm thinking about it.

"Arya?" Rome knocks on the door to my room before opening it and glancing over my frame worryingly.

"You need to come out of your room. You've been studying for hours and need to take a break."

"No, no I don't have time for breaks." I say, my eyes scanning over my study guide for math before I lift my pencil to try out the problem. After doing that I move over to my english guide.

I hear a quiet sigh from behind me followed by footsteps. Rome's large tattooed hand covers mine and the pencil that I was about to use for another math problem.

"Arya, I'm serious."

"So am I." I retort but then instantly regret my words. The silence that follows makes it worse because I know I just made him more frustrated.

Placing my pencil down I turn in my swivel chair slowly, tilting my head up and smiling brightly at the dark eyes looking down at me.

"I didn't mean that."

"No?" He questions, a small smirk forming on his lips.

I shoot out of my seat and wrap my arms around his waist. "Okay I'll take a break."

He leans down and presses his warm lips to my forehead. "Good girl."

"What time is it, anyways?"

He flicks out his wrist and looks at the silver Rolex he was wearing. I then notice the rest of his attire. He looks like he's in boss mode with his black suit.

"Almost 1."

"You never wear that." I point to the Rolex and he shrugs. "I felt like it today."

"You look handsome." I blurt and then cover my mouth, my whole face heating up.

His lips tilt up in amusement before a full smile blooms his face.

"I do, hm?"

"N-No...I mean yes! Yes you do but I just, now I feel embarrassed that I said that." I cover my face and his gorgeous laugh fills my ears before his hands are prying mine from my face.