Chapter 13: Excuses

Arya's POV -

My heart continued to thump and thump faster the more I stared at her name.

I hadn't called her at all last night. To try and make up any excuse on to why I hadn't been home.

Looking at the time, I noticed that it was almost 12pm, making matters even worse.

With shaky hands, I tried to type out a text to satisfy her for right now.

Just until I could get home.

Me: I'm sorry mama! I'm going to be home soon and I'll explain everything.

It doesn't even take mama ten seconds to respond.

Mama: You're in so much trouble, Arya.

As I stared and stared, tears pricked my eyes.

I had never really gotten in trouble. Sure I've gotten small scolding's. But never this.

How could I have been so reckless?

I quickly find the bathroom attached to Rome's room and wash my face and fix my hair, trying to look more presentable for mama.

I still had on the same outfit from last night. The shirt had a few wrinkles but that was all.

As I finish washing my hands, I heard footsteps coming closer.

"Arya?" I hear,

However, I'm too focused on what was going to happen with mama?

She didn't know about the party, right?

I just needed to come up with a good excuse.

"I'm in the bathroom!" I called out, drying my hands with a towel and checking my appearance once more.

I used the hair tie around my wrist to quickly tie my hair into a low ponytail. At least this would calm my crazy curls somehow.

Rubbing my face once more in exhaustion, I exited the bathroom to see my favorite person sitting on the bed, looking towards me.

His pretty eyes immediately met mine, and he gave me a smile, which I tried to match.

However, being the smart man that he is, he immediately knows something is up. He frowns and stands up, walking towards me.

"What's wrong?" He questions, moving some of the baby hairs that fell out of my pony from my face.

"I just, I'm going to be in so much trouble." I muttered, about to cover my face but Rome grabs my hands before I can.

How does he always know what I'm going to do?

"Why? Because of the party?"

I nod sadly, "I hadn't even tried to tell mama an excuse on to why I was gone. And plus It's almost 12pm!" I say loudly.

I had no idea what was awaiting me at home. I'm sure mama has told papa by now.

"Hey hey, look at me." Rome cups my face and tilts my head to him.

"Don't worry, we'll come up with something you can say to her while I drive you home, okay?"

I can never stop looking at his eyes. They're just so pretty. A beautiful emerald green. I could never get over it.

I'm staring in complete awe, and I don't even realize how Rome's expressions change from worried, to confusion, then to high amusement.

Before I can even react, Rome's head leans down, and he places the smallest peck on my forehead.