Chapter 55: Present

Holy moly 700k reads?! I didn't think this story would get this many, thank you so much you guys are the best. Road to 1 mil!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arya's POV -

"Elijah? Wake up." I pathetically plead as I slowly make my way over to him.

I can't keep my hands from shaking as I frantically look over his wound, my eyes darting to his face that is becoming paler and paler by the second.

"Elijah!" I say again, shaking his body but he's completely unresponsive.

I flinch as I hear more gunshots but then everything stops, and now all I can hear is heavy breathing.

I go to call Elijah's name again but then I'm lifted in the air and crushed to a hard chest.

"Cazzo, stai bene." Rome says, his warm breath tickling my neck.

(Fuck, you're okay.)

"Rome," I whisper and he hugs me tighter, pressing multiple kisses to the crown of my head.

"W-We need to help Elijah! A-And Izzy, she was shot too. She's in the restaurant."

He turns his head the other way, "Porta dentro la ragazza e portala in ospedale.."

(Get the girl inside and take her to the hospital.)

Rome turns back to me and places me down on the ground, looking me over but I'm more focused on Elijah.

"I'm okay, Rome. You need to help him." I point towards Elijah and he nods.

James rushes towards Elijah, kneeling down and pressing on his wound with a worried expression on his face. Grant follows behind him while Rome takes out his phone.

"Wyatt, A Elijah hanno sparato, lo portiamo a casa. È meglio che tu sia lì quando arriviamo. Ivan è stato curato."

(Elijah was shot, we're bringing him to the house. You better be there when we get there. Ivan has been taken care of.)

"It's okay, buddy. I've got you." I hear James speak lowly to Elijah, lifting him along with Grant.

They rush him to one of the SUV's and Rome grips onto my hand making me look at him.

"Are you okay, baby? Did he hurt you?"

With my lip wobbling, I look around at our surroundings. Bodies are everywhere, along with Ivan's.

"Is...Is it over?" I dismiss his question and his eyes soften.

"Sì baby, It's over."

A huge wave of relief falls over me and I rest my head against his chest. His large hand comes to rest on the back of my head and he places a kiss to the top of it.

"Are Elijah and Izzy going to be okay?" I question but he doesn't give me an answer which only increases my anxiety.

He slowly kneels down in front of me so we're face to face, and he moves some hair out of my face.

"Let's go home and wash up, and then we can check on them, okay?" He says gently and I bite my lip, nodding.

Feeling extremely vulnerable, I raise my arms up as he stands and he smiles softly, lifting me and carrying me to his car.

Resting my head on his chest, I close my eyes due to the still throbbing in my head from when Ivan knocked me out.

I can't believe It's finally over.