Chapter 18: Destruction

Arya's POV -

Saturday was mostly a study and get assignments done day.

I was able to finish my government assignments, and after a ton of teasing comments from Rome, I got my essay finished as well.

A huge weight lifted off my chest when it was finally finished.

I was happy I got to write about Rome, but I'd never let him read it even though he's asked multiple times already.

I'm going to turn it in, get my grade, get the essay back, and then hide it somewhere it can never be found.

He will never get his hands on that essay, even if he begs me until we've grown old.

Even though Saturday had been a working day, I was on the phone with Rome for most of the time.

Since mama and papa weren't home. As usual. I could talk to him freely.

We talked for hours, even as I did my assignments and barely said anything he stayed on the phone.

This guy was like my rock.

After barely speaking for an hour when I was working, Rome had insisted we facetime so he could see me.

Of course I agreed, so we did so and I don't know why we haven't done it before.

It was so much better then calling because I could see his beautiful face.

He smiled at me when I accepted the call, and I angled my phone on my desk so he could see me as I worked.

James ended up showing up and bragging about his crepes for 10 minutes and begging me to show up at the house.

I also learned that the house wasn't just Rome's. James, Rome, and Elijah all shared it.

Speaking of Elijah, I really wanted to get to know him even though he kind of scared me to no end.

I had only seen him once, but if he's a close friend with James and Rome, I wanted to be a friend of his as well.

The next time I went over I'd ask about him. There was also another matter at hands.

Trevor.

I had to ask Rome about Trevor.

I know for a fact he was with him last. He had to know where he went.

Or just anything about what happened that night.

However that was a conversation for in person. One that could be serious since he's been missing for so long.

I'd worry about that later, because when I woke up on Sunday morning I was determined to get back on mama's good side.

Things have been going good lately. With school. With Izzy. With Rome. With James. With Papa. I just needed Mama.

So the first thing I did when I woke up was shower. Feeling refreshed in the morning was always an amazing feeling.

I picked out some leggings and a hoodie from my closet and threw them on quickly. I searched through my drawer for a pair of fuzzy socks.

I love my fuzzy socks.

Finally finding a pair, I slipped them on my feet and checked myself in the mirror.

My phone buzzed and I smiled, already knowing who it was.

I picked up the call,

"Good morning pretty girl." I hear Rome's voice through the phone.