Chapter 68: Soon

Arya's POV -

Since James was on bedrest the next day Elijah stayed with him while Rome and I went to explore Italy.

We woke up at around 9 AM, surprisingly at around the same time so neither of us had to wake the other up.

"Where to first?" I ask, using a hair tie to tie my hair into a low ponytail. I then grabbed my jacket and slipped it over my shoulders while watching Rome tuck his wallet into his pocket.

"You know what my answer is to that, sweetheart." He tells me, enveloping me in his arms and burying his face in my hair.

"More surprises?" My voice is slightly muffled by his jacket and he pulls away, brushing some of the hairs that already fell out my ponytail away from my face.

"You'll see soon enough."

So yes, more surprises.

The first place we went to is a coffee house called Caffè Florian. It was truly beautiful with all the pretty decor. We tried a bunch of different pastries like croissants, cookies, and brownies. Most people spoke Italian which didn't surprise me.

I also tried a food called macaroons for the first time. They came in multiple different colors and they were very tasty. There were a handful of gourmet options that looked absolutely mouthwatering and I almost ordered one.

We also tried various coffee options that did not disappoint.

I learned that the place opened for the first time in 1720. Holy cow that was so long ago.

After taking our time to enjoy the scenery and of course the food, we were back in the car and on our way to our next destination.

I was constantly fidgeting in the seat due to excitement and Rome warmly chuckled beside me but didn't comment on my actions.

"We're going to head to a place called Campo San Polo." Rome tells me and even though I'm happy he told me where we're going, I have no idea what that is.

"What's that?"

He gave me a little smile and when he gestured to up ahead my mouth parted while a huge grin made its way onto my face.

Poor James, he's going to miss out on what he wanted to do yesterday.

Ice skating!

"We're going ice skating?!" I get out of the car once Rome parks and quickly take his hand, beginning to pull him towards the large rink.

"Sì, baby." He replies, letting me pull him towards the place where you rent the skates. There's music playing and people in high spirits, laughing with each other.

"Do you know how to skate?" I question him while struggling to tie the laces to my skates, cause I certainly don't have much experience.

"I do, and I'm guessing you don't?" He raises a brow but for some reason I feel like he knows my answer. I watch as he kneels down in front of me and ties the laces for me.

"No," I pout and he presses a quick kiss to my lips.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you."

There's a good amount of people currently on the rink, some struggling on the ice so at least I won't be alone.

I take both of Rome's outstretched hands once he's on the ice while I'm still on the floor on the outside of the rink.

"I won't let anything happen to you, trust me." He assures and I nod, tightening my grip on his hands before letting him gently pull me onto the ice. I wobble a bit but he keeps me on my feet, slowly skating backwards.