Chapter 26: Panic

Arya's POV -

I rapidly scan around the house, my chest was pounding and it felt like It's been ripped out.

My shaky hands reach for my phone and I tuck it into my pocket before I continue to stare in horror.

Almost the entire place was destroyed.

My legs made their way to the closest spot, the living room.

A new wooden table that had been replaced by the glass one was split in half, the couch was ripped apart.

The TV had a large crack straight through the middle, and the lamps to the side of them were smashed, glass splattered across the floor.

The carpet even had rips in it.

My eyes began to water as I turned without a word, making slow steps to the kitchen.

Once I reached it, a sob escaped my mouth.

Glass cups and plates were smashed on the ground, photo frames of our family broken as well lying on the floor.

Chairs were tipped over, and the table was to the left of me instead of the middle when I would usually walk into the kitchen.

I felt air fly out of my lungs, I couldn't breathe.

I screamed.

"Mama! Papa!" I yelled frantically, running for the stairs.

I reached their bedroom in a flash only to see it destroyed like everything else.

I check the bathroom, ruined.

As I searched all the rooms, all I saw were broken items and furniture making more tears escape me.

I stood in front of the last room with a stressed look on my face.

My room.

My hands wouldn't stop shaking as I reached for the handle and turned it.

I squinted my eyes shut as I prepared for mine to look like everything else, but my eyes widened once I saw it.

It was completely untouched.

Like no one was in here.

I stared at my neat bed.

I stared at my organized desk.

My photo frames that were still standing on a shelf perfectly.

Why was everything broken except anything that was mine?

But then my eyes found a small folded piece of paper on my bed.

Making it to my bed, I reached for it and began to unfold the note.

What I read shocked me to my core.

'A room like this deserves to be treasured.'

I could barely see as my vision became more and more blurry, and I dropped to my knees in the middle of my room, the wooden floor scraping against my knees.

Loud cries escaped me as I assumed the worst.

Who hurt mama and papa?

Who did this?

Who knows about me?

Why didn't they touch my room?

What did they want?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rome's POV -