Chapter 29: Argument

Arya's POV -

"James!" I yelled in slight frustration.

He laughed, literally cackling like a hyena as he clutched his stomach.

It wasn't that funny.

I was trying to do my homework at the kitchen table but James was making it difficult!

He kept poking and tickling me in random spots whenever I'd try to write something down.

Or he would flick me in the head.

"Ow!" I yelped, clutching my forehead after receiving another flick.

The blonde man started laughing yet again before he stopped and his eyes went wide.

"What?" I ask as I narrowed my eyes at his face.

But then he gave me a smirk, almost like it was evil while I just stared at him.

"My my my, I guess you're not so innocent." He said before chuckling.

"W-What?" I asked again, but then I froze as he came closer.

"Those are some nice hickeys on your neck. I wonder who gave them to you." He sang lowly while I felt my neck heat up.

My hand slowly rose up and ran over the purple marks that had formed a few days ago.

"I-It's not..." I was speechless trying to come up with an excuse.

"Oh, there's no need to hide it." He said, laughter evident in his eyes. "I've already seen the proof."

My hands connected under the table as I tried to get away from this conversation.

"Can I just do my homework, please?" I mumbled and he opened his mouth again, most likely to continue teasing me, but then it shut.

He was looking at something behind me, but then the sound of a door closing caught my attention so I turned around.

Elijah was standing at the front door, taking off the jacket he was wearing. It was getting really cold out since it was nearing the end of October.

"Look who decided to show their face." James teased, and I watched as Elijah's eyes snapped to James before glaring at him.

His gray eyes then moved down to me. His glare went away but he still stared blankly at me.

At least he wasn't glaring, right?

Elijah made our way towards us and passed by, going for the fridge.

"Are you still angry?" James asked, and I feel like that's not the best thing to ask to someone if they are indeed angry.

"I was never angry." He replied, turning to us with a water in hand.

I decided to try and get my homework done since James was distracted by Elijah at the moment.

Elijah still intimidated me, but not nearly as much as before. I know he means no harm towards me if Rome and James trust him so much.

"Where's Rome at?" James questions.

"We just got done with training, he'll be up here soon."

"Ohh, boxing again?" James raised a brow, amusement in his tone.

Elijah's eyes turned into a cold glare once again as he looked at him.

"I thought-"

"Vuoi che ti rompa la tua fottuta faccia?" Elijah snarled at him, speaking in Italian so I was left startled, but I knew he said nothing nice by his tone and how James' face went from amused to unamused.