Chapter 57: Bliss*

*Mature Content* (Smut) Skip where the * begins and ends if you don't want to read it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arya's POV -

Elijah isn't healing? His condition is worse?

No, he has to heal. He just has to.

I watch with wide eyes as James continues to try and get through the door, but Rome just blocks his path.

"James, enough." Rome says with hardened eyes.

James shoulders sag and he takes harsh breaths. I watch with sad eyes at the two's interaction.

"What if he doesn't make-"

"Don't finish that fucking sentence." Rome snarls and his hand clenches together tightly.

"He'll be fine." He continues and I sniffle lightly. But then anger flares through me.

Part of me believes this is Izzy's fault. She never should have told Ivan where we were.

I find my own small hands clutching into fists.

James starts speaking again but unfortunately for me It's in their other language.

"Se non si sveglia presto mi sento come se potessi impazzire." He says quietly.

(If he doesn't wake up soon I feel like I may go insane.)

"Starà bene, il suo corpo ha solo bisogno di più tempo per guarire." Rome replies, keeping his eyes on the man.

(He will be okay, his body just needs more time to heal.)

"Ma devi lasciare che Wyatt faccia il suo lavoro, saremo solo una distrazione."

(But you need to let Wyatt do his work, we'll only be a distraction.)

James huffs and without another word, turns and heads for the front door, slamming it behind him.

I flinch at the noise and I feel my chest tightening. I've never seen James so angry or upset like that.

Rome stands in the same place, sighing and running a hand through his hair before snatching his phone out of his pocket.

He begins to make a call and I figure I should go and change before making my presence known.

Quickly walking back to the room I take out some clothes that I put in here a while ago before changing into them.

Brushing my hair and teeth I take a quick glance at my appearance then strut to the door.

Finding Rome at the kitchen table still on a call, I give him a small wave and he ushers me over with two fingers, gesturing to his lap.

Smiling, I sit and his free arm wraps around me. As he listens to the caller he presses a quick kiss to my head before continuing his conversation.

Pulling my own phone out of my pocket, a spark of fire erupts within me at the sight of a text from Izzy.

Izzy: Hey Arya, I'm glad I was able to see you the other day. I should be getting released in the next few days so maybe we could hang? I should be coming back to school soon too.

Shaking my head, I place my phone down on the counter. How can she act like no one has gotten hurt?

How can she act like she wasn't the one that caused this?

The one who got Elijah in this condition?

It's like she's completely forgotten about what happened and that doesn't sit right with me.