Chapter 62: Plans

Rome's POV -

"Where's the princess? Normally she's with you all the time." James asks me and I roll my eyes.

"With her parents."

"Damn, surprised you didn't stay with her."

"She wanted to spend some time with them alone." I respond flatly.

It was the weekend now and I had comforted Arya for the past few days after her and Izzy's 'talk'.

Now she seemed to be doing a bit better. However my baby is still upset so hopefully her parents can take her mind off of the subject for a little while.

Right now I'm at my office trying to figure out how many more of these Russians we have to deal with.

"How many Russians have we taken out?" I ask James and he scrunches his nose up.

"You think I know?"

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I sigh. Of course he fucking doesn't.

"Does Elijah know?"

James stares at me like I just asked him a ridiculous question.

"What?"

"Does Elijah know the number?" I ask slowly so it can process through his brain.

"I don't know."

My hands clench. I want to strangle him.

"Well then get out if you have nothing else to say."

He rolls his eyes and takes a seat at one of the chairs in front of my desk. A smile spreads across his face and I grow uneasy at the look he's making. I glance back down at the documents I was working on.

"Elijah hugged her." James blurts and I freeze, trailing my eyes back up to his.

"Hugged her?" I scowl, placing down the paper.

"A few days ago when he heard her crying in her room because of the Izzy situation."

Running a hand across my jaw I take in his words.

"I think she's finally growing on him." James jokes and I look at him blankly.

"Right," I finally say. "Is that all?"

"Yes, capo." He salutes and I grit my teeth.

"Find out if Elijah or Grant know the number. If not then all three of you are useless."

"That's rude." He says pointedly, getting up from the chair. "But I'll be sure to ask."

Once he's closed the door behind him I lean back in my chair, running a hand through my hair.

Looking at the clock I see that It's almost 3 PM. I dropped Arya off at around 12.

As if on cue I get a notification from my phone. Seeing my girls name has a smile threatening to appear on my face.

Mi amore: My parents got me a gift for my bday! A pretty necklace and a gift card for shopping! Now we're about to go to the store cause I want clothes.

Chuckling I type out a reply. She's so fucking cute.

Me: Oh really? That's good, baby. What time do you want me to pick you up?

Mi amore: 6 or 7, you can pick!

6 it is since I want to hold her.

Me: I'll get you at 6, have fun shopping sweetheart.

Mi amore: I love youuu!

Me: I love you more.

Scrolling through my contacts I press on my cousin's name. We'll be visiting them once we're in Italy.