Chapter 20: Black

Arya's POV -

"Arya! You're okay!" James yells making me giggle as he rushes towards me, almost dropping the tray in the process.

He places it on the table before giving me a hug.

It must have been too long for Rome because he's soon shoving James away from me.

James only rolls his eyes and turns back to me. "How are you feeling?"

I've been asked that so many times.

"I'm doing okay." I smile, eyeing the food on the tray.

"Oh! Here you go, I didn't know what you liked so I got a bit of everything." James exclaimed, placing the tray on my lap once I was comfortable and under the covers again.

I stared at the food in shock, there was so much here.

But what caught my eye was the crepe on one of the plates.

James made me one.

I automatically wanted the crepe and reached for my knife and fork, only to be stopped by Rome.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

He raised a brow and took the knife and fork out of my hand.

I was about to protest, but he moved the tray closer to him and began to cut the crepe up for me.

I shrunk into my shoulders, a small blush coating my features.

Soon the tray was back in front of me, fork in my grasp, and I didn't waste anymore time in digging into the food.

There was a smirk on James' face, he probably knew I'd go for the crepe first.

I kept sneaking small glances at the man that hasn't spoken in the room. Elijah.

He was leaning against the doorway, a blank expression on his face as he looked at me.

I didn't know what he was thinking. I hope he didn't hate me for some reason...

Soon the crepe was gone, and I gratefully accepted the glass of water that Rome offered to me.

Taking a few small sips, I was already full and leaning back.

"I don't think so." Rome says making me look at him.

"Huh-"

"You need to eat more, that's not enough after you've been asleep for that long." He says making me glance back at the food.

"I'm really full I swear, I can't eat anymore."

All 3 pairs of eyes stare at me and I find myself getting embarrassed.

I want to disappear under these covers.

My main focus was on Rome as his eyes continue to observe me. He seemed to be thinking about something.

He glances down at the still full tray of food, "How about you just eat the yogurt also, and then you can be done?" He offers with a small tilt of his head.

Now how can I say no to the look he's giving me.

"Okay, I'll do that." I answer, grabbing the cup of vanilla yogurt and the spoon lying on the tray.

There was literally a buffet on this one tray.

As I take the yogurt and spoon into my hand, Rome takes the tray away, satisfaction shining through his eyes.

I liked that look.

I dip the spoon into the yogurt and bring it to my mouth.

As I take the first bite, I hum in approval.