Chapter 7: Texting

Arya's POV -

It's been another week since Rome took me to see the waterfall. I never even knew it was there. The experience was amazing.

We ended up exchanging numbers, and we've been texting daily.

Normally I'd wake up to a text from him saying something such as 'Good morning darling." or 'Good morning sweetheart, sleep well?' Both gave me goosebumps.

Every time I see his name pop up on my phone I find myself getting excited. I can't help myself. Meeting him has been a wonderful experience so far.

It's currently Wednesday morning, and I've just woken up to get dressed. The first thing I checked was my phone, but I haven't gotten a text from Rome yet.

I head to my closet and pick out a basic t-shirt and some jeans. It was sunny out again so I could be comfy.

I just finished brushing my curly brown hair when I heard a beeping noise from my phone.

Smiling, I put the brush down and run back to my bedroom, unplugging my phone from the charger and unlocking it quickly.

Text Message: Rome :)!

I laugh at the smiley face and exclamation point I put next to his name, and quickly press on the notification to see his text.

Rome :)!  Good morning sweetheart, how are you?

My heart flutters every. single. time.

Me: Good morning Rome! I'm good, I'm getting ready for school.

Rome :)! That's good, what do you have planned this week?

Me: My best friend Izzy actually invited me to a party this Friday!!

I stare at the phone as I wait for him to reply, but nothing comes.

I head back to the bathroom and place my phone on the counter as I get out some wipes to clean my face.

As I finish and start brushing my teeth, I hear another notification.

Rome :)! A Party?

Me: Yup! Izzy and her boyfriend invited me.

Rome :)! What kind of party? Where is it at?

Me: I'm not sure, Izzy said she'd drive. I just know they're bringing alcohol. Even though I've never had it.

I check the time and realize I need to get moving, so I shut off my phone and grab my backpack from the floor, then start my journey downstairs.

I see papa in the kitchen which confuses me. Normally he's at work and mama cooks breakfast.

"Papa?" I ask, putting my bag on a chair. "You're home? Where's mama?"

He turns to me with a plate of bacon in his hand, "She had to go out shopping for groceries, and since I'm off until 1 today, I decided to cook for once." He replies, placing the bacon on the counter.

"Ohh," I nod, picking up a piece and nibbling on it.

"Has school been going well so far?" He questions, eating off his own plate.

"It has, I just have a big essay in English, but I need to figure out what to write on." In my head I was freaking out, I still haven't picked a topic and it was due in a little over a month!

"How long do you have to write it?"

"A little over a month."

"Well you better get to it, you know we want the best grades from you."