Chapter 41: Parents

Another long chapter!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arya's POV -

I probably should have asked once we got back to the house since there were a bunch of people surrounding us but I couldn't wait any longer.

Gripping the table slightly he gruffs out, "How about we talk about this when we get back?"

He read my mind. Stupid Arya, you should have waited.

We walk to the car in tense silence.

The ride back was mostly in silence as well besides the small noise of the radio playing in the background.

Once we arrive at the house Rome laces his fingers with mine as he walks up the stairs, me trailing behind him.

Making it to his room, he tugs me in behind him and shuts the door before heading for his bed.

Sitting down, he taps the spot next to him and my feet shuffle obediently.

A few beats of quietness pass by.

"Are you sure you want to see them? Specifically your mother?" He asks.

Furrowing my brows, my gaze moves to him to see his green eyes sternly looking down at me.

"What do you mean?" I place my hands in my lap.

"I mean, your mother Arya...she hit you and threw you into a table." His eyes turn hard.

Wincing slightly at his words, my eyes drift down to my legs dangling off the bed.

"I don't know why she thought it was okay, Rome." Licking my suddenly dry lips I continue, "I want to know her reasons, her thinking. But I also know they were in danger a week ago, and I need to see for myself that they're okay."

His jaw flexes but he doesn't say a word.

"I really really want to see them." Gripping onto his tense hand, I place my fingers between his.

"You can come with me. I want you to come with me."

I know for a fact mama will freak when she sees there is a guy with me, but I don't care.

I don't even know how she'll react to seeing me.

How either of them will.

His eyes are cold as he stares ahead of him, no doubt contemplating.

"Please Rome," Gripping his hand tighter I scoot a bit closer to him. "I need to see them, it hurts to not see them, no matter what bad actions mama made before, I need to see her. I need to see my papa."

"They're," My eyes slightly sting, "They're my parents..." Whispering sadly, my eyes look back to him to see they've softened.

His jaw clenches once more before he sighs deeply and lifts my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles fondly.

I would swoon over the action but his words stop me before I can.

"Do you want to go see them now?"

Eyes widening, I look at him in disbelief before a huge smile of relief forms on my face.

Jumping at him, I catch the startled little look on his face before I crash into his body, sending us back into the soft bed.

He lands on his back as I straddle him and begin to place small kisses on his face.

"Yes, yes! I do want to see them now!"

He hums underneath me and places his hands on my thighs, squeezing gently.