Chapter 15: Noticed

Arya's POV -

It felt like a lifetime as I continued to look at the gorgeous man leaning against his car.

Maybe I could turn the other way and try to run as fast as my legs can take me.

But before I could dwell a figure was hovering above me.

I already knew who it was.

Sheepishly craning my neck up, a face covered with black shades stared down at me.

He gave me a small smirk, and I released the breath I hadn't noticed I've been holding once I see that he hasn't noticed.

He didn't notice the bruise.

That's a good thing, right?

"Hi, Rome." I softly said, continuing to look at him with a small blush dusting my cheeks.

The chattering of kids faded out around us, and it felt like we were the only two in the world.

This moment felt so intimate even though he wasn't even touching me.

His strong build towering over me, caging me in so I couldn't run even if I tried.

I nervously glanced down, only for fingers to go under my chin a moment later, lifting my face back up.

He cupped my cheek and I froze, but luckily he cupped my left side and not my right.

"Così carina." He mutters.

(So cute.)

"Stop." I mumbled, my cheeks blazing red.

He chuckled and tapped my chin before removing his fingers.

"D-Didn't I say I only wanted to text!" I exclaimed, still blushing wildly.

He tilted his head like he was contemplating, "You did, but I chose to come anyways. Besides you go to that café every Monday."

I couldn't stop my face from becoming even more red. He remembered me saying that from so long ago?

"How do you remember that?"

"I listen to everything you say Arya, trust me."

I smiled, a big one at him. This man is just slowly crawling into my heart.

He basically is my heart.

"Um, okay. Do you still want to go to the café?"

He nodded, "That's why I came, I don't want you to walk there and then home so I'll take you."

And that's how I ended up in his car as he drove the short drive to my favorite café.

"What ever happened with your mother? You never said." He questioned making me tense up once again.

"Well she was just...very angry is all. She hasn't spoken to me much afterwards."

That part was true. I haven't seen either of my parents.

A brief pause was heard before Rome spoke up again, "Is that all that happened?"

I licked my suddenly dry lips, "Yeah that's all that happened, why?"

"You just seem nervous is all. You're also slightly tense."

How does he know without even looking at me?

"I guess I just want to make things okay with mama and papa. They've never really been mad at me. I actually haven't seen my papa since so I don't know how he's going to react."