Chapter 64: Shopping

Arya's POV -

Rome places a comforting hand on my lower back, gently guiding me towards the table. Rome and I sit next to each other while Izzy sits across, her body tense.

He places his hand on my thigh, squeezing a bit for comfort. I place my drink on the table and wait for Izzy to start.

We stare at one another in silence, blocking out any of the chatter from the other customers.

"I know you're extremely angry at me." Izzy starts, meeting my eyes and I find myself wanting to break our gaze or I may start crying.

"And I know you don't trust me anymore. But I want to fix both of those things. I want us to be super close again. Best friends again." She whispers the last part and I shrink in my shoulders.

"It takes time, Izzy." I say and she nods.

"I know it does and I don't expect you to forgive me today. I just want to get this all off of my chest."

I wait for her to continue while Rome doesn't say a word to interrupt what she's about to say but I can see that he has a small scowl on his handsome face.

"I know I've said sorry too many times to count but I'm going to say it again. I'm sorry for everything. For the lying, for breaking our trust, and also about the whole Trevor thing and messages. I should have never listened to Ivan and believed Rome could take care of it."

My head fills with confusion. I forgot about Trevor. What ever happened to him?

Curiously looking at Rome, he meets my eye and raises a brow.

"What ever happened to Trevor?"

I can tell he's trying to hold back a smirk and I don't know why.

"Morto." He mutters under his breath but then uses a finger to push my head back towards Izzy.

(Dead.)

"I just want things to go back to how they were." Izzy admits.

"But It's not that easy."

"And that's what sucks." She mumbles, dropping her shoulders and leaning back in the chair.

Taking a sip of my drink I think about her words. Izzy has tried really hard to earn my forgiveness even though we haven't really seen each other.

"What if another threat ever comes up?" Rome speaks for the first time and both me and Izzy are surprised that he did.

"W-What?"

"If you ever get threatened by someone else? Are you going to listen to them? Lie again? Put everyone in danger again?" His tone is almost mocking and I gape at him.

"Rome..." I say warningly but the look on his face stops me from saying anything else. I can see it in his gaze. He's worried. Worried Izzy will betray us again. Worried she'll hurt me again.

"I would tell you, I would." She says firmly, her eyes hardening. "I know what I did was wrong, everything about it. I'd never betray your trust again."

We're left in silence once more and I give Izzy a small little smile, once which she slowly returns. Her eyes are full of promise and determination to never break our bond again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an extremely long week of studying and taking exams, It's finally over. It's officially Christmas break!

My math exam was for sure the hardest since it has always been the subject I struggled the most in. I was a little scared to know my results on it but I worked through it.