Chapter 67: Italy

Arya's POV -

"Oh fucking christ, why-why didn't we just go ice skating or something instead?!?" James says with his shoulders tensed up, all the while staring up at one of the giant mountain's we're supposed to ski down.

"Um," I mumble since I didn't really have an answer. I peer down at the ski's I'm wearing and wrap my fingers tighter around the ski poles. Rome and Elijah are sitting at one of the benches getting their own equipment on while James and I are looking at the mountain.

I've been skiing a few times and that was when it snowed at home. I wasn't terrible at it but It's been a while since I've done it. I'm definitely rusty and going on this giant mountain was probably a bad idea but hey.

We're in Italy so we might as well take some risks. I just hope I don't break a leg or something.

"Have you ever skied, James?"

"You think I'd be this terrified if I did?" His wide eyes meet mine and I feel a little bad for him but he also looks a little funny with his scared expression while having his helmet and goggles above his head.

Rome is probably a ski expert since he's from here. I don't know about Elijah.

Soon the two from the bench make their way over, sliding on the ski's.

"Ready?" Rome asks, tilting his head towards the line for the ski lift. It's actually not that long of a line which is surprising.

"Ho così finito, morirò oggi." James puts his hands together in a praying motion and looks at the sky.

(I'm so done for, I'm going to die today.)

"You're going to be fine you idiot, come on." Elijah pushes him towards the lift and James nearly trips over himself.

"Don't push me!" Elijah rolls his eyes and makes James go first before following.

"You don't have to go down this one if you don't want. We can find a smaller hill." Rome says, his goggles resting on top of his head. He considers that mountain just a hill???

"Oh I'm going down alright, I've skied enough."

"How many times?" He raises a dark brow and I swallow.

"Uh, two or three."

He hums and lets me go in front of him. I'll be totally fine, I'm sure.

"Ah fuck, fuck." James rants as we get in line. Elijah and James get on the lift first and then we follow.

Why did I struggle to get on the lift? I don't remember it being this hard.

Eventually we're in the air and I try not to look down knowing I'll freak out. I place my goggles over my eyes so the snow doesn't attack my face and Rome does the same.

Somehow I can still hear James yelling and I can clearly see him latching onto Elijah like his life depends on it. I laugh to myself as Elijah shoves him to the other side of the lift.

We make it to the top and I nearly fall flat on my face trying to get off the lift. Luckily Rome got off with ease and caught me. Holy cow, I didn't know it was that difficult to get off.

"Maybe we should go back down." James gestures to the lifts going down the mountain. "We can just jump on one when It's clear and ride it."

"If you want to go down go the correct way." Rome blocks James' path and he frowns, turning towards the mountain.

"Fuck!" He cusses again and I cover my mouth with my gloved hand to keep myself from laughing.

There's not too many people up here so we line up at the edge. I'll be totally honest It's a bit scary. I haven't gone down a mountain this high.